Welcome Home...THANK YOU FOR BEING A PART OF OUR COMMUNITY

Our 12 Days Of Christmas contest has been generously sponsored by TSA Knives.  

There will be 2 ways to enter.  

1) Post to the discussion for each of the 12 days

2) show us how iKC is celebrating the season in your home or work environment (creative use of hat pins maybe?)

I will open this contest discussion on December 13 and the winners name will be drawn on

December 25th!

Tags: 2013, December, Knives, TSA, contest, iKC

Views: 2864

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

The official CHRISTmas tree is the General Grant tree in Kings Canyon National Park.

So proclaimed by President Coolidge.

What is more CHRISTmas than John 3;16!

*****DAY TWO QUESTION************

Q: True or false: America has an "official" Christmas tree.

Where is it?

True Kings Canyon California, in the Sierra mountains  a redwood 267 feet tall named general Grant

Attachments:

I have seen all the answers already, so I will just post a picture.

True

Kings Canyon California- A 267 foot tall redwood named " General Grant" Whew, got it in under the wire!! I had updated my browser to IE 11, and for some reason could not reply to posts for the last 4 hours. GRR- Had to finally rollback IE to a previous version !!

I can't add onto what has already been said and answered - True (never knew that before)

Can't show off any pics at the moment either except for me chin wagging here on iKC again :)

Nice looking handle material, "All That Glitters"...Nice pic Billy

Its beginning to look alot like Christmas in here

Answer to Day 2:  

True. America's official national Christmas tree is located in King's Canyon National Park in California. The tree, a giant sequoia called the "General Grant Tree," is over 300 feet high. It was made the official Christmas tree in 1925. 

******************On the third day of iKC Christmas*********************

Q: The story goes that Rudolf the Red Nosed Reindeer was originally written in 1939 as a department store jingle.  By whom and what department store.

It is also looking like an iKC Christmas at my house

Jan Carter said:

Its beginning to look alot like Christmas in here

Answer to Day 2:  

True. America's official national Christmas tree is located in King's Canyon National Park in California. The tree, a giant sequoia called the "General Grant Tree," is over 300 feet high. It was made the official Christmas tree in 1925. 

******************On the third day of iKC Christmas*********************

Q: The story goes that Rudolf the Red Nosed Reindeer was originally written in 1939 as a department store jingle.  By whom and what department store.

Rudolph first appeared in a 1939 booklet written by Robert L. May and published by Montgomery Ward.[

May's brother-in-law, Johnny Marks, adapted the story of Rudolph into a song. Gene Autry's recording of the song hit No. 1 on the Billboard pop singles chart the week of Christmas 1949. Autry's recording sold 2.5 million copies the first year  So answer is Johnny Marks, Montgomery Ward

Picture coming

The dept. store was Montgomery Ward and it was written by Robert May.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

White River Knives

Latest Activity

George R Naugle commented on lou gerrick's group REMINGTON KNIFE CLUB
18 hours ago
George R Naugle replied to Scott King's discussion What's your favorite old knife? in the group Vintage American Knives
19 hours ago
Kevin D replied to dead_left_knife_guy's discussion Blade HQ has FREE SHIPPING through 4/27 or 4/28
yesterday

Featured
dead_left_knife_guy posted a discussion
yesterday
Michael Lee Bibbey posted a status
"Still collecting and working on knifes"
yesterday
J.J. Smith III commented on Mike Bryant's photo
Thursday
Mike Bryant posted photos
Wednesday
George R Naugle commented on lou gerrick's group REMINGTON KNIFE CLUB
Wednesday
George R Naugle replied to Scott King's discussion What's your favorite old knife? in the group Vintage American Knives
Tuesday

KnifeMaker
Andy Larrison commented on Alexander Åhl's photo
Monday

KnifeMaker
Alexander Åhl commented on Alexander Åhl's photo
Monday

KnifeMaker
Andy Larrison commented on Alexander Åhl's photo
Monday

KnifeMaker
Andy Larrison replied to James McClendon's discussion Ball Bearing becomes a Bowie.
Monday

KnifeMaker
Andy Larrison commented on Tim's photo
Monday

KnifeMaker
James McClendon posted a discussion
Apr 21
Kevin D replied to dead_left_knife_guy's discussion Is Knives Illustrated Magazine Dead?
Apr 20

Visit Lee' s Cutlery

KNIFE AUCTIONS

KNIFE MAGAZINE!!!

tsaknives.com

JSR Sports!

Click to visit

© 2024   Created by Jan Carter.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service