Welcome Home...THANK YOU FOR BEING A PART OF OUR COMMUNITY

I just received an interesting oops knife from Buck, ordered from one of my trusted Ebay sellers. I ordered a Buck Vantage Select - black with a non-serrated edge. The Select series uses Buck's 420HC steel. The Avid series uses Scandium 13C26 steel. The Pro series uses S30V steel. I opened the box and all seemed well and good until I happened to notice the marking of 13C26 on the blade. I thought, wait a sec, I didn't order an Avid so I looked at the part number on the box end. The catalog number was for a Select. Furthermore, the Select and the Avid have different handle scales and this knife has the handle scales of a Select. The only conclusion I can think of is that someone at the factory was making a Select and somehow picked up the wrong blade, using an Avid blade. So I guess I have a Buck Vantage Selectavid.

Now what to do? It was going to be my new EDC but now I have an oops hybrid. Do I carry it for my EDC, or keep it as a collectors Iitem?

PS: can't take pics right now because I am at work

Views: 106

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I say "carry it" so you can truly enjoy it. IMO - to each his own. Just saying,

Put it in the safe!  With all the doc from the sale, print your ebay.  Many companies I would say use it, but Buck doesnt let mistakes out of the factory

Yeah Jan I think you're right. I think I'll keep it unused. That has certainly never happened to me before.

So I just sent an email to Buck. We'll see if they have any information.

That was a great idea!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

White River Knives

Visit Lee' s Cutlery

KNIFE AUCTIONS

KNIFE MAGAZINE!!!

tsaknives.com

Click to visit

© 2024   Created by Jan Carter.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service