Welcome Home...THANK YOU FOR BEING A PART OF OUR COMMUNITY

I think we need to get a jump on this, so those people who have to plan ahead to purchase one can do so.

Let us discuss and then lockdown a pattern/design, get it priced out and ordered. Buying a knife around the winter holidays is difficult for everyone.

My vote is for a jack/mtnman/barlow-esque pattern Large (or Medium)

Stag/Bone/Burl wood

One/two blades

I would prefer Carbon blades, but an exotic SS is fine.

Views: 4470

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

I have 39 names of interest on the custom right now

Pat Kennedy
Ron Dumeah
Chase McNiss
Perry Coleman
Sean Walker
Paul Slusser
Rusty Halsey
Alec
Stanley May
Frank Dorman
Warren Stout
Brad T
Max
Brian Bentley
Sue
JJ
Hog
Ron Cooper
Derek Smith
Dale
Guy fleetwood
Gerald
Brent
Data
Charles Ray Wagner
Donald Walker
Jean Francois
Billy Oneale
Howard Reynolds
Ronald Bundick
Sunil
Alexander
Robert Burris
Bob Biggs
Mike Losicco
Elbin Bunell
James Cole
Jan

Jeff Keeler

If you are interested and your name is not on this list, it would be a good time to contact me

hey jan...i dont see my name on there...i am definetly  interested!

Ahh geez!!!

Does this mean I have to stop buying from eBay to save up the $110? Because there is a really suweeeet Shapleigh Teardrop Jack for auction ending tomorrow morning, I wants it.

I wonder if he would let me come by to take some pics during the production? But, that would depend on getting out of any "Honey-Do" chores.

Hahahahaha.  Brad T, and most of the members here, you are in need of an intervention!  As I write this I am contacting that "Hoarders" show on you.

Brad T. said:

Ahh geez!!!

Does this mean I have to stop buying from eBay to save up the $110? Because there is a really suweeeet Shapleigh Teardrop Jack for auction ending tomorrow morning, I wants it.

I wonder if he would let me come by to take some pics during the production? But, that would depend on getting out of any "Honey-Do" chores.

Hey I like the idea of pictures during construction, Brad. Maybe the club could send members to your house to do the "Honey-Do Chores".LOL

Added you just now.  Thanks Jeff

jeff said:

hey jan...i dont see my name on there...i am definetly  interested!

Brad,

I think it is a great idea.  We will ask.  Anyone will to go to Brads house for the honey do lists   LOL!!!

Team,

I want to thank each and everyone of you again for your input and support.  Brad...a special thank you for taking on opening this discussion and keeping us on task (as much as anyone can LOL).  I presented an idea today to the staff here and also to Jeff Mutz and we all agreed on the knife.   Pay special attention to the tang :)

Confirmed price is $112.00 plus shipping.

The body and bolsters are milled 416 the blade is 154CPM, with a 1/2 stop.  It is 3 5/8 closed and the it is a Stag Cut Red Bone. Because this would be custom we could not order any more than 50 knives and his commitment is that he could deliver in September (maybe sooner but that a lot to get made in a short time).  There will be an iKC certificate with each knife signed by me.  I will start another discussion stating all of this again as there are still a few commitment slots left but very few.  Since each of you contributed to the thoughts here I felt your should be the ones to see the final drawing

I sure hope you like it!

Wayne and Randy Perkins are now on the list also.  Thanks Guys

Yes Mam, I like it and thanks for all of your hard work. I want to thank all the members  that gave their opinions. We had fun discussing the project. 

and J Dan Skean and Juan Nendez.  We are at 45

Looks like this'll happen. This makes me very happy!

RSS

White River Knives

Visit Lee' s Cutlery

KNIFE AUCTIONS

KNIFE MAGAZINE!!!

tsaknives.com

JSR Sports!

Click to visit

© 2024   Created by Jan Carter.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service