Welcome Home...THANK YOU FOR BEING A PART OF OUR COMMUNITY

I picked this little knife up at a flea market.  A fellow had a box of knives on his table marked $1 each.  I rummaged through it and picked out this one.  It is marked "Rich" on the blade.  I was unable to get a very good picture of that marking.  The knife is a lockback and is also marked "Rich" on the locking lever.  That picture came out pretty good.

Views: 2172

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

You got me on this one, Charles.  I believe that Jan has one like it.

But if you got it for a buck, you did good.  There one on Etsy, as a necklace, going for $32.00.

http://www.etsy.com/listing/51563680/peanut-pocket-knife-necklace-g...

Thanks again, JJ.  I looked at the one on Etsy.  It definitely is the same knife.  It showed me something on mine that I didn't know was there.  I had to look with a magnifying glass to find it.  There is a marking "tasty" on the knife.  I would never have seen it if I hadn't known it was there and started looking for it.  The knife and the markings are so small they are hard to find, let alone read.

It might be a lockback but its also a peanut....

Just for history sake, I am  not aware of any knife company named Rich, although from about 1857-1956 there was a knife company called Rich-Con USA. They were located in Kansas City, MO It really stood for Richards & Conover Hardware

This knife is not connected to those folks but I did think the name was interesting.

I think they were made for the Tasty Foods Company. But I do not know of a maker named Rich.  Has anyone else seen them?

That sure would explain that Tasty logo there Jan, I was wondering about that too.

Jan Carter said:

I think they were made for the Tasty Foods Company. But I do not know of a maker named Rich.  Has anyone else seen them?

Hmmm, seems to be a quite a few of them out there for sale!

A Peanut!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

White River Knives

Visit Lee' s Cutlery

KNIFE AUCTIONS

KNIFE MAGAZINE!!!

tsaknives.com

Click to visit

© 2024   Created by Jan Carter.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service