Welcome Home

Found this knife in a coffe can of junk in my house. im trying to date it, its a colonial prov. Usa 2 blade folding knife, 1 blade has been broke off though. But its very worn i didnt kno if that was from age or use. I was just curious as to the generation it belonged to. 

Views: 35

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Megan,

Colonial kept very few records that would be available to us for dating the products.  We often rely on the memory of the cutlers and owners.  In reading through a thread on AAPK I was able to find that this tang was used from the 60's through at least 1995. I am still searching to see if I can find the patent number on the knife itself, that will narrow down the number of years.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

White River Knives

Latest Activity

Dennis Hibar replied to Dennis Hibar's discussion A new iKC calendar and a new year of knives!
8 hours ago
Kenneth W. Hill replied to Kenneth W. Hill's discussion Here are some swiped GEC-Charlie Waynorth knife photos off the web ! in the group Great Eastern Cutlery hosted by Ken Mundhenk
11 hours ago
Kenneth W. Hill replied to J.J. Smith III's discussion Whittlins in the group Whittling / Carving knives
11 hours ago
Jim Aubuchon replied to Craig Henry's discussion Carl Schlieper - German EYE BRAND Knives in the group BOX FULL OF KNIVES
14 hours ago
Jim Aubuchon joined Jan Carter's group
14 hours ago
Jim Aubuchon replied to Jim Aubuchon's discussion My "old' Standby knife
15 hours ago
Bob Welch commented on Jan Carter's group Queen Cutlery & Friends
19 hours ago
Tony Flannery commented on Jan Carter's photo
23 hours ago
Kenneth W. Hill posted a status
"My body is black & blue. Everything hurts. I am so Thankful , things could be much worse."
yesterday
"Today is one week. My armless shoulder has hardware that was not damaged. Two Vetts had the Virus , fighting 4 life."
yesterday
"I fell last Sunday night and I bit my bottom teeth through my face. I have 8 stiches under my bottom lip and two dissolvable stitches ."
yesterday
Kenneth W. Hill replied to Kenneth W. Hill's discussion 2020 GEC KNIVES IN PRODUCTION OR JUST RELEASED in the group Great Eastern Cutlery hosted by Ken Mundhenk
yesterday
Kenneth W. Hill commented on Ken Mundhenk's group Great Eastern Cutlery hosted by Ken Mundhenk
yesterday
J.J. Smith III left a comment for Dave
yesterday
Jan Carter left a comment for mark miller
yesterday
Jan Carter left a comment for Dave
yesterday

Reed Cutlery Company

Visit Lee' s Cutlery

KNIFE AUCTIONS

CLICK TO VISIT

Maher & Grosh