Welcome Home

Measures that may be brought in later in the year mean that although we will be able to buy knives online they will need to be collected from the retailer personally?

Now I haven't bought a knife from Greg at TSA for a while mostly because I have been spending my money on straight razors. Also, the £ has dropped 20% since Brexit was announced which makes purchases from the States just too expensive with shipping and taxes.

This proposed legislation, however, means that I would have to travel to Detroit Lakes, so that Greg could check that I am over 18, and pick up my purchases in person. That could make the next GEC rather too much trouble, I guess that is the point!

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2017/jul/18/plans-to-make-deliv...

Views: 371

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Man jailed for carrying knife

"In this case it was a small lock knife but the size doesn’t matter. The message is clear - there is no need to carry a knife in Nottinghamshire and they are not welcome in our communities.

No judgement here, people live as they wish too.  I just think it is sad that in areas ,even here, the uses of this tool been forgotten

You are right Jan it is a great shame that people can only see knives as weapons.

It has been getting worse for a long time now.

I always had a pocket knife with me but now I have stopped carrying one unless, around the house, Jail doesn't appeal.

A lock knife is not legal to be carried no matter how long or how short the blade may be. I believe if you can show a good reason for carrying one you could be okay, I doubt that it would be possible to talk around your average policeman or Magistrates court..

www.heinnie.com/blog/clarifying-uk-knife-law/

Reply to Discussion

RSS

White River Knives

Latest Activity

Featured
Craig Henry commented on Craig Henry's photo
8 hours ago

Featured
Craig Henry commented on Craig Henry's photo
8 hours ago

Featured
Craig Henry replied to Craig Henry's discussion Case Canoe in the group Case Fans
8 hours ago
Steve Scheuerman (Manx) left a comment for Steven
10 hours ago
Profile IconSteven and Shannon joined iKnife Collector
10 hours ago
Steve Scheuerman (Manx) left a comment for Shannon
10 hours ago
D ale left a comment for Shannon
11 hours ago
Jan Carter posted a status
"Good Night, God Bless and Thanks for being here with us!"
12 hours ago
Jay left a comment for Shannon
13 hours ago
Shannon joined Terry Waldele's group
14 hours ago
Ricky Ray commented on Michael D Sabol's group Boker Fans
14 hours ago
Shannon left a comment for Jan Carter
14 hours ago
Shannon left a comment for John Bamford
15 hours ago
Shannon left a comment for Steve Scheuerman (Manx)
15 hours ago
Shannon left a comment for Charles Sample
15 hours ago
Shannon updated their profile
15 hours ago

Reed Cutlery Company

Visit Lee' s Cutlery

gear2survive !

KNIFE AUCTIONS

Boy's Knife is HERE

KNIFE MAGAZINE!!!

JSR Sports!