Welcome Home...THANK YOU FOR BEING A PART OF OUR COMMUNITY

So, you got a Stockman, wanna show it off? Here is your chance. even though you probably have the picture in your albums, post it here! You can either add an image to your comment by clicking on the camera icon, or you can attach a file, either way we would like to see your stockman.

one rule though.... it has to be a stockman!!!

Tags: fame, hall, of, pictures, stockman

Views: 15279

Replies to This Discussion

That is one great looking knife, thank you Darrell! Have not seen a PAL like that one, in good condition too.

Craig Henry said:

This is from Darrell Miller, my brother-in-law, collection;

Pal Cutlery Co. Rough Black Composition Cattle Knife

Both Darrell and I used to get quite a few of our knives way back when from William "Bill" Shockley. Remember him? He had TONS of old knives at very good prices. I wonder if he's still around?

Steve Hanner said:

That is one great looking knife, thank you Darrell! Have not seen a PAL like that one, in good condition too.

Craig Henry said:

This is from Darrell Miller, my brother-in-law, collection;

Pal Cutlery Co. Rough Black Composition Cattle Knife

Well, that name is familiar but not someone I bought knives from before? I wonder where he is myself and is he still doing this? I Googled his name, by any chance was he from South Carolina?

Here's the first of my batch of Stockmans (more pictures in the Case group).............

Case Humpback 3 5/8" 6.5 Bone Stag

Case - Bradford Cutlery - 3 5/8" Goldenrod Jigged Bone

Case Sparxx  2 5/8" closed Gray Delrin

Boker Tree Brand Lg. Stockman - Tortoise shell Celluloid

After going through the knife rolls, I had only forgot one stockman. No maker's mark, just "FORGED/U.S.A." stamped on the Primary blade.

It looks great Brad, lets see if we have any ideas, I like the bone color though.

Brad T. said:

After going through the knife rolls, I had only forgot one stockman. No maker's mark, just "FORGED/U.S.A." stamped on the Primary blade.

Craftsman marked some of their knives "Forged U.S.A." c.1940's. - Made By Camillus Under Contract For SEARS & ROEBUCK AND MONTGOERY WARDS.

By the way, that's a neat knife Brad!

Thanks Craig/Steve,

The back springs are really strong. The secondary blades would break the thumb nails of "ordinary men". Not that I can "leap tall buildings in a single bound".

Craig Henry said:

By the way, that's a neat knife Brad!

Yeah, I think men had stronger thumb nails in the old days. lol

The last GEC product I bought had a  "inspected by xxxx"  little document rolled up in the tube. The XXXX was definitely a female name , if she opens  UN-XLD knifes all day she could kill vampires with those fingernails.

Craig Henry said:

Yeah, I think men had stronger thumb nails in the old days. lol

RSS

White River Knives

Visit Lee' s Cutlery

KNIFE AUCTIONS

KNIFE MAGAZINE!!!

tsaknives.com

JSR Sports!

Click to visit

© 2024   Created by Jan Carter.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service