Welcome Home...THANK YOU FOR BEING A PART OF OUR COMMUNITY

Now I have pictures and would like to know a value for insurance reasons whatever you can let me know about this knife and the year would be much appreciated thank you very much Chris

Views: 358

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Chris,

The short answer  answer is, that's a good question !! Your knife is a R8065 double switchblade with pyremite (celluloid) handles-The 5 in the model number tell us that.The straight line Remington stamp was put on their lower end line of knives, while the circle stamp was reserved for their higher end line. As to the vintage, Remington kept better general vintage records of their circle stamps than they did the straight line, so I would not even hazard a guess.As to price,We are all over the board on that, as well. Jim Sargent's 1999 edition of " American Premium Guide To Knives And Razors" shows it on page 421 with a 3 1/2 inch closed length for $550 dollars in excellent condition. But, I did a little web crawling.and found them for $20 and $79 in rougher condition. Due to the legality restrictions on interstate commerce and the varying laws from state to state on ownership, it is hard to get any type of fix on an accurate worth. Hopefully, some of my more learned collegues here, can give you some more definitive answers. 

Reply to Discussion

RSS

White River Knives

Visit Lee' s Cutlery

KNIFE AUCTIONS

KNIFE MAGAZINE!!!

tsaknives.com

Click to visit

© 2024   Created by Jan Carter.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service