Welcome Home...THANK YOU FOR BEING A PART OF OUR COMMUNITY

Views: 144

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

ooooh....nice!

Won this at auction. I think it's basically new with a factory edge. Around late 20's from what I can gather.

Any photos of the flip side? Would like the see any markings on the ricasso....Or, you could just state what they are....photos are more fun though!  :-)

I...err...borrowed this from the internet....a 1927 Catalog spot. Do you have the book "Remington Knives Past & Present" ? I don't, but yours looks like the description for these made during the 1920-1940 era. So is yours actually stamped UMC?

Yeah I have that picture  as well. Mine is only stamped with the " remington' and the' stainless' marks. But it looks identical to the photo. But it's also not stamped with ' dupont' either which would date later than 40s I believe 

I'm new to the forum and I'm still working out how to get the pictures on here

OK, I added a new album the page so you can see it there I think

Creating an album will work too...no problem.

So I see the knife is stamped Remington over Stainless, and UMC embossed on the sheath only.....OK

Just in case it helps a little.. 

DuPont owned the Remington Cutlery Co from 1933 thru 1940.  The knives were stamped with the Remington logo and "DuPont" within an oval.  My RH44 is from 1938 and shows the Remington DuPont stamp quite well.  (see the photo in my album of combat knives)

After 1940  believe most of the RH knives had the PAL logo also stamped on the ricasso.  Yours does not have either of those, so I would be guessing 1932 or before.  Remington has been making newer blades with the same pattern as the older stuff.  I am not well versed on those at all.  I think that with a brass pommel nut, yours is most likely in the earlier time frame.

Also, I am not sure on all of the iterations of the pommel shapes especially on the 1XX (stainless) series, but yours looks to have a thicker and more angled pommel than the ones I am used to seeing in the earlier carbon steel RH knives.  The ones I am used to seeing have a more rounded pommel shape.

Beautiful knife!  Wonderful condition and the very nice sheath is a real plus.  My sheath is original, but pretty beat up.

Thanks for the information. I'm pretty pumped to find one in such good shape.

I stumbled upon some 'new' information!

Based on your photos, the 'new' reference photos, and this other information, I have refined my thinking to be that your knife was made between 1924 and 1933 (early)

Wow that's awesome!

Kevin D said:

I stumbled upon some 'new' information!

Based on your photos, the 'new' reference photos, and this other information, I have refined my thinking to be that your knife was made between 1924 and 1933 (early)

Reply to Discussion

RSS

White River Knives

Latest Activity

George R Naugle replied to Scott King's discussion What's your favorite old knife? in the group Vintage American Knives
40 minutes ago
Kevin D replied to dead_left_knife_guy's discussion Blade HQ has FREE SHIPPING through 4/27 or 4/28
16 hours ago

Featured
dead_left_knife_guy posted a discussion
21 hours ago
Michael Lee Bibbey posted a status
"Still collecting and working on knifes"
yesterday
J.J. Smith III commented on Mike Bryant's photo
yesterday
Mike Bryant posted photos
Wednesday
George R Naugle commented on lou gerrick's group REMINGTON KNIFE CLUB
Wednesday
George R Naugle replied to Scott King's discussion What's your favorite old knife? in the group Vintage American Knives
Tuesday

KnifeMaker
Andy Larrison commented on Alexander Åhl's photo
Monday

KnifeMaker
Alexander Åhl commented on Alexander Åhl's photo
Monday

KnifeMaker
Andy Larrison commented on Alexander Åhl's photo
Monday

KnifeMaker
Andy Larrison replied to James McClendon's discussion Ball Bearing becomes a Bowie.
Monday

KnifeMaker
Andy Larrison commented on Tim's photo
Monday

KnifeMaker
James McClendon posted a discussion
Monday
Kevin D replied to dead_left_knife_guy's discussion Is Knives Illustrated Magazine Dead?
Apr 20
J.J. Smith III replied to dead_left_knife_guy's discussion Is Knives Illustrated Magazine Dead?
Apr 20

Visit Lee' s Cutlery

KNIFE AUCTIONS

KNIFE MAGAZINE!!!

tsaknives.com

JSR Sports!

Click to visit

© 2024   Created by Jan Carter.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service