Welcome Home...THANK YOU FOR BEING A PART OF OUR COMMUNITY

I know I'm not the only one.  I love the Scout knives.  I don't care if you call it the Camillus C-4 pattern, Boy Scout knife, camp knife or what have you; I think it is one of the greatest and long lived patterns out there. 

Just about every knife maker in the world has made one so no matter what brand you collect you should have at least one Scout/camp/hobo.  and if you don't have one and you go hiking, camping, fishing or some other type of outdoor activity what knife are you carrying in you pocket and what have you done with it?

Here is one of mine.  It is the Case Scout Jr. (one of the few that probably won't be carried.)

This catagory now has its own Group

CLICK HERE TO SEE THE NEW GROUP

Views: 12759

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

They are well made and they are a Hobo. Japan made thousands during WWII, they are still fun. There is just a lot of them.

For some reason I seriously doubt a knife stamped "Japan" in English was made during WWII for Japanese use.   I think these were made after WWII.  Colonial USA also made knives very similar to this.  I'm sure there made in great quantities but i think they are post WWII and date from the time of the Japan Transistor radio invasion. (1960s-1970s)

Spent many days camping with mine, when I was a kid.

I'd say 60's vintage.

I'd say that is about right Ken.  That can opener dates it to  after 1956 and the cork screw is also a modern  wire one.

Tobias you have to be right about those Japanese  Hobo's, in English. I have never held one but that sounds correct. There is always a good supply for sale.

Ever seen one of these? A Ridge Runner.

Donnies buddy called yesterday and said I found a knife can you clean it up for me?

It was fun to clean it up and have a good look at it.  The only markings are WW1 Japan on the main blade and Stainless steel on the spoon 

That looks exactly like the one I got in Wheelersburg last week. Mine was fairly clean, but I sprayed it down with WD40.

Ken I check out a few online and they seem to have come in many sizes.  Its a pretty neat tool

Yes they are, I had one when I was a kid. I got this one for my Grandson.

The samllest size I've seen is around 2.5 inches closed and the biggest around  5 inches closed.  The norms seems to be in the middle at around 3.5 .  There really is a wide variety of them.  Most of the ones seem to have broken scissors.

Here are 2 Case Campers

RSS

White River Knives

Visit Lee' s Cutlery

KNIFE AUCTIONS

KNIFE MAGAZINE!!!

tsaknives.com

JSR Sports!

Click to visit

© 2024   Created by Jan Carter.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service