Welcome Home...THANK YOU FOR BEING A PART OF OUR COMMUNITY

I know I'm not the only one.  I love the Scout knives.  I don't care if you call it the Camillus C-4 pattern, Boy Scout knife, camp knife or what have you; I think it is one of the greatest and long lived patterns out there. 

Just about every knife maker in the world has made one so no matter what brand you collect you should have at least one Scout/camp/hobo.  and if you don't have one and you go hiking, camping, fishing or some other type of outdoor activity what knife are you carrying in you pocket and what have you done with it?

Here is one of mine.  It is the Case Scout Jr. (one of the few that probably won't be carried.)

This catagory now has its own Group

CLICK HERE TO SEE THE NEW GROUP

Views: 12751

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

I bought this for about $6.00 from Mike Politoski a couple of weeks ago. I think the the stamp on the blade is Kreigar. I think that this is a brand that Clint Kadel of BUDK owns the rights to, just like United.

Nice one Billy.  A new take on an old pattern!

Billy Oneale said:

Can't go wrong with a Camillus, Ron.  Very cool!

Ron Dumeah said:

I bought this Imperial scout knife on ebay last week. The scales have shrunk, but otherwise it is in good shape. The funny thing is I bought it  from a scout troop trying to raise money.

Thanks to Tom, I have a couple beauties.

Support a Scout and Get a Scout.  I am copying this here because I want all you scout fans to have the opportunity to win a scout and support the BSA.

Reviewing and Raising Funds to Support Boy Scouts

A hearty 3-finger Steel Sahlute!

Today I'll be submitting a press release, indicating that the Gerber Bear Grylls Survival Series Scout knife will be auctioned off on eBay after I complete the review.  

The amount of money bid on the knife (less ebay & Paypal fees) will be donated to the Boy Scouts (www.scouting.org), send a Scout to Camp program:
http://aplacetogive.scouting.org/magento/index.php/send-a-kid-to-camp-direct-service.html 

The highest bidder will win the knife which will be accompanied by a signed letter of authenticity, along with my signature on the blade of the knife!

Auction will coincide with the one-year anniversary of my first post made here at www.pocketknivesblog.com on March 15th, 2011 at 10:56.  And that's what time the auction will begin on March 15th, 2012!

So, rustle up your campers, contact your friends, and bid on this mahgilla on March 15th so we can help send a Scout to Camp!!

Steel Sahlute,
Scott

Original is a Blog on the front page of IKC

had me confused for a minute.  I thought you were talking about the G1050 Bear Grylls pocket tool which is similar to a scout/camp knife and cost $15, tops.

Sorry Tobias.  Just could not help the play on words and opportunity to spread the news about the project

so here is the link to the pics, review and auction info

http://www.iknifecollector.com/profiles/blogs/gerber-bear-grylls-su...

More Scouts I recently picked up

1985 Camillus made Case scout knife.

Early WWII  U.S. Army utility knife by Camillus

Wall of scoutsa and hobos. Top 4 Camillus, Bottom row Camillus, Bear, Colonial, United. (All USA)

I actually need to shoot more photos.  But this 'll do for now.

Great collection, Toby. I like the scout knives, I just have not collected many since it is not one of my favored patterns. I love looking at them.

RSS

White River Knives

Visit Lee' s Cutlery

KNIFE AUCTIONS

KNIFE MAGAZINE!!!

tsaknives.com

JSR Sports!

Click to visit

© 2024   Created by Jan Carter.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service