Welcome Home...THANK YOU FOR BEING A PART OF OUR COMMUNITY

Here is a place to post those Steel Warriors and Frost branded knives. I know that a lot of you out there have them. I have heard mention of them from time to time.. I started really getting into collecting on a lot of these because you could get whole sets for very little money. S0 here is a place that you can show them.

Views: 6510

Replies to This Discussion

I like the locking Copperhead also, it will help me from cutting myself.

That locking Copperhead IS a great feature.  That was unique to us and Donnie has had a lot of fun with it 

Sometimes, you don't have to spend $100.00 to have a neat little knife. I have found some nice knives in the lower price ranges. I have also found a lot of junk that you couldn't even give to someone. Believe it or not, Frost is really innovative with some of his knives.  At least I won't cry if I lose one or it breaks. I haven't bought one of his in a couple of years, but his pocketknives are usually a decent buy for what you pay for them.

I agree Billy.  With our budget and the growing list of folks to bring something back to these knives fit the bill well.  We were able to get good users and know that the folks we were giving them to WOULD use them.

At least knowing that, they can give you an opinion or review on how well they worked.

Here is a frost knife that I recently bought from Mike Politoski from Saturday Night Knife and Gun Show. It is a little leopard that is a Frost cutlery Knife that is made in Pakistan. I like this knife very well.

Here is a Bear And Bull Stockman that the handle scales are made from small pieces of Pearl that is set in an acrylic base the keep it all together. Great way to use the waste from other pearl knives. I also bought this from the Saturday Night Knife and Gun show. Cutlery Corner was wanting to much for the Bear and Bull's that were similar to this. I've noticed that prices for these types of imports has gone up this last year. I can't hardly bring myself to pay more than $17.00 to $18.00 a knife for these types. For another $5.00 to $10.00 , I can buy something that is USA made.

i have always liked steel warriors myself... i will admit lots of times when i would find them for 3-5$ i would buy them just to get the little pocket protector bad and toss my case or some other EDC in it. 

hey another one that folks think or though was usa made and i even have an NKCA magazine that say they are...but they are not ...is called U.S.CLASSICS. ...and one other brand that makes an alright foreign knife is BEAR HUNTER. {i would say something about who was on the board of NKCA magazine at the time US CLASSICS were being sold as USA made out of Kentucky....and this sme person happen to have finaancial interest in the US CLASSIC line....but thats for you to study if you want...the knife business is not spared the shame of the $$ blinding folks.

the steel comes from soligen so they are stamped that on the tang...but all BEAR HUNTER knives on one of the main blades will either have pakistan where you can see it,where its been rubbed off enough where you can only see it in the light...or youll notice the one portion of the blade or that one side of the blade has been sanded.i have arguments over the BEAR HUNTER. most bear hunters have the usual tell-tale Pakistan blade the RAZOR shaped blade.

i dont own much more of theese knives as i gave alot away as gifts an so forth....but ill see if i can dig some out for picture time!   also sorry i ramble...i do that...but hey ..its info!!!

oh finally just so folks know... that ROUGH RIDER you pay 10-15$ for ..... in CHINA is about 40-60$ USD!

AND BILL I AGREE...ui cant bring myself to spend any money on these knives anymore and wont.our economy is in the toilet so much,im not outting anyone down,i dont judge ,NOT MY JOB, but i will save my but off and buy a GEC or BEAUTIFUL CUSTOM.

and to answer your question BILL the reason prices on these foreign knives has gone up...the same reason everything does...DEMAND..... sadly the only way out of the whole were in is to BUY WITHIN OUR COUNTRY,yet we dont.im to blame as much as the next guy.what computer do you own that was built in the USA....lol?

AT THE SAME TIME BILL WHAT IS HAPPENING is with the economy pieces that we thought were gone or "rare" are turning up.yes i feel something in my heart when a collector has to pass his collection on to pay bills...but it is also a way for others to enjoy a knife they may never have handled.

finally BILL that demand for foreign knives has made the price of custom knives come down!!!...folks dont realize that if they would stop buying cases of 15$ knives.....20 rough riders x 15$ = a custom made,all by one American fellow knife lover.i like putting food on the plates of my custom makers or gas in their harley!...LOL!

fianlly it sickens me to see groups like BSA,GSA,NRA and im sure more....now having their knives made overseas!.... i finally went to sign up for the NRA in 2008. figured do my duty...as i was filling out the form they offered me 3 gifts to choose from ,hat,shirt,peanut NRA labeled knife.i aksed the guy where all 3 were made.he didnt know and checked .China,all 3.i said never mind and didn't join. hey im wrong alot but something about that makes me feel uneasy.

Peter, it's always good to have new info. I think we had a discussion on iKC about a year ago that talked about the US Classic line being imported.

peter force said:

i have always liked steel warriors myself... i will admit lots of times when i would find them for 3-5$ i would buy them just to get the little pocket protector bad and toss my case or some other EDC in it. 

hey another one that folks think or though was usa made and i even have an NKCA magazine that say they are...but they are not ...is called U.S.CLASSICS. ...and one other brand that makes an alright foreign knife is BEAR HUNTER. {i would say something about who was on the board of NKCA magazine at the time US CLASSICS were being sold as USA made out of Kentucky....and this sme person happen to have finaancial interest in the US CLASSIC line....but thats for you to study if you want...the knife business is not spared the shame of the $$ blinding folks.

the steel comes from soligen so they are stamped that on the tang...but all BEAR HUNTER knives on one of the main blades will either have pakistan where you can see it,where its been rubbed off enough where you can only see it in the light...or youll notice the one portion of the blade or that one side of the blade has been sanded.i have arguments over the BEAR HUNTER. most bear hunters have the usual tell-tale Pakistan blade the RAZOR shaped blade.

i dont own much more of theese knives as i gave alot away as gifts an so forth....but ill see if i can dig some out for picture time!   also sorry i ramble...i do that...but hey ..its info!!!

I do still buy Steel Warrior, RR and the like.  Usually as gifts for a friend that needs a new knife or my son.  We bought some US classics but resold them immediately (just quality issues).  Steel Warriors make GREAT Presents and those folks that have received them really like them as users and they were intended to be used.  Good knives for the money

RSS

White River Knives

Visit Lee' s Cutlery

KNIFE AUCTIONS

KNIFE MAGAZINE!!!

tsaknives.com

JSR Sports!

Click to visit

© 2024   Created by Jan Carter.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service