Welcome Home...THANK YOU FOR BEING A PART OF OUR COMMUNITY

The Franklin Mint Wild Life series from 1989, there were actual 18 knifes trade O/U Shot & cash

I have the complete collection of The Franklin Mint Wild Life series from 1989, there were actual 18 knifes offer. The last 6 were an addition offer after the the 12 were done, with cases.  These are pictures off the internet. Mine are in perfect condition and and I have two of the display cases for the additional 6 highlighted in red. a these are extremely hard to find. These were confirmed that they were commissioned by the Franklin Mint from Boker, Solingen, W.Germany. Waiting fro some value estimates brom you guys and my knife broker.  Thinking  about trading for Browning, Stoeger, Mossberg, O/U field, skeet. Doesn't have to be new. and cash. Shot must be lower priced as just getting back into skeet so nothing fancy. or of course I'll sell the collection out right once I get an appraisal.  Thanks

Views: 247

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Jay.

I have the 12 in the display case plus 4 duplicates and a Wild Boar similar to the Grizzly.

I have seen the 12 knife set for sale several times over the last few years. I think because they are Franklin Mint marketed knives they have not commanded the value they would if they were Boker marketed, even thought Boker knives these days sell well below retail. The sets I have seen were as high as asking price of $1200 and as low as asking price of $400. I don't know what any actually sold for.

I do know what I paid for the ones I collected but am away from my documentation for another week and can not provide specifics. I do recall paying $150 for the Damascus hunting knife in the set and as low as $35 for one of the others. I did pay  $75 just for the display case. If you want details on each knife, let me know and I can look up my records in about 10 days and let you know.

I never knew others in this series existed and have never seen them before. I would love to see one of them up close and be able to all markings on the knife. If they are want they appear to be, I might be interested in them for my collection.

Have a great week.

Art

Reply to Discussion

RSS

White River Knives

Visit Lee' s Cutlery

KNIFE AUCTIONS

KNIFE MAGAZINE!!!

tsaknives.com

JSR Sports!

Click to visit

© 2024   Created by Jan Carter.   Powered by