Welcome Home...THANK YOU FOR BEING A PART OF OUR COMMUNITY

Good news! Today we upgraded our chat application. If you regularly use chat, you'll probably find the new chat more friendly and more reliable:

• Easy to find: You'll find the new chat in your browser window's footer. Click on it and start chatting (click again to close it).

• More responsive: It should snap to attention and respond to your commands better than the old chat.

• Better technology: It's not Flash-based anymore, so it will even work on some mobile devices.

• New sounds and notifications: You can turn those off if you want. You'll also see a visual notification when new messages are posted.

• Ignore people: Choose who you want to chat with — or click the "Ignore" button. It's up to you.

• Pop it out: Need more space to chat? Pop it out into its own window.

Give the new chat a try!

Tags: chat, html, iKC, new

Views: 510

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I guess we need to get an iPad?

Steve"Hog"Hanner said:

I'm anxious about it because I'd like it to be a smooth transition for our members who use chat but everything has to be set just right. So I guess its ready or not here we come! It will be iPad accessible because it is being completely rewritten using an advanced language.

OK, but it is driving me crazy.  When typing it makes a clicking noise and starts you back over at the beginning of your statement.  It comes out like this...

a clicking noise and starts you back over at the beginning of your statement.  It comes out like this...OK, but it is driving me crazy.  When typing it makes

It was working well yesterday, but it's back disconnectine me when I try to connect.

Yes there was a connectivity issue this morning that I just became aware of. ning reports it is corrected.

J.J. Smith III said:

It was working well yesterday, but it's back disconnecting me when I try to connect.

Here is a list of Browsers and versions supported currently by ning along with a caveat if you use something else:

Supported Browsers

Ning works well with these browsers:

• Firefox 7 and 8
  • Google Chrome 
  • Internet Explorer 8 and 9
  • Safari 4 and 5

Some browsers get updated more rapidly. Ning should work well in Firefox 9 as well, but please contact us if you see any issues in newer versions of browsers on this list.

Although you're welcome to use Ning with a browser that is not in this list, some of the features on your Ning Network may not work correctly.
Jan Carter said:

OK, but it is driving me crazy.  When typing it makes a clicking noise and starts you back over at the beginning of your statement.  It comes out like this...

a clicking noise and starts you back over at the beginning of your statement.  It comes out like this...OK, but it is driving me crazy.  When typing it makes

Thank you Hog for this information.  I am sure it will make things much easier for us if we are on a supported Browser.  I have to check with my IT person before I do that (or she might kill me)  In the meantime.  I have found that using the compatability tool, the one that looks like a torn peice of paper, does help.  Thank you Max for that tip!!

So far no real answer from ning  programmers on iPhone usage. They know we have members struggling with that and they are searching for a solution.

Overall seems to work fairly well. Even as prepared as we were for the changeover we still have had and sometimes continue to have some issues. They are supportive and hope to now build more functionality into the new version over the next year. Personally I think browsers are a big deal and versions of browsers are too. I will try and do my best to update what they support.

Good or bad its our chat to work with so whether we use it or not it will be there.

One thing I ran across while surfing the other day is a page of custom sounds...well actually at least 8 pages of sounds. One thing that is very attractive about the new chat is we can load our own"custom" sounds. While some may be bit annoying, others a bit too soft. Our challenge is to find the one or two that might be just right. Boy if that doesn't reming me of the story of the Three Little Bears, but I will forget that and simply post a link to the page.

http://www.soundjay.com/button-sounds-1.html

If any member would care to test these sounds and recommend a few to us, test away! Let us know what sounds good and we'll implement. Currently we have settled on a stock chat sound that came with our chat.

I like the one you have on there now and yes I am princess goldylocks (with alot of grey) .  Thank you for being so accomodating Hog.  I appreciate it

Don't know what's up, but my "Members Online" window is blank.

It was ok this morning.

Mine seems to be fine but I am running on Google Chrome now.  My issues seemed to have cleared up once I made the change in browsers

If you are still on dial up or even not click on the little "button" that says Connect.... Disconnect and then reconnect and it should reestablish connection.

J.J. Smith III said:

Don't know what's up, but my "Members Online" window is blank.

It was ok this morning.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

White River Knives

Visit Lee' s Cutlery

KNIFE AUCTIONS

KNIFE MAGAZINE!!!

tsaknives.com

JSR Sports!

Click to visit

© 2024   Created by Jan Carter.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service