Welcome Home...THANK YOU FOR BEING A PART OF OUR COMMUNITY

Good news! Today we upgraded our chat application. If you regularly use chat, you'll probably find the new chat more friendly and more reliable:

• Easy to find: You'll find the new chat in your browser window's footer. Click on it and start chatting (click again to close it).

• More responsive: It should snap to attention and respond to your commands better than the old chat.

• Better technology: It's not Flash-based anymore, so it will even work on some mobile devices.

• New sounds and notifications: You can turn those off if you want. You'll also see a visual notification when new messages are posted.

• Ignore people: Choose who you want to chat with — or click the "Ignore" button. It's up to you.

• Pop it out: Need more space to chat? Pop it out into its own window.

Give the new chat a try!

Tags: chat, html, iKC, new

Views: 510

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Out with the netbook right now.  Might be a connection error, but it shows i'm connected.

IDK

Yes it will say connected but its not....Its lying! lol! reconnect and you should be ok.

J.J. Smith III said:

Out with the netbook right now.  Might be a connection error, but it shows i'm connected.

IDK

I'll check it at home.  LOL

I'm beginning to really like Google chrome. Everything seems to work faster and better. I haven't had any problems with the new chat.

Two other things have been added to chat based on requests:

All members will have the ability to "Clear chat history" in private conversations. This will remove all of the messages that are in their own view, while the member they are chatting with will continue to see the messages

It's important to note that this link will appear at the top of the chat window so you will need to scroll to the top of the conversation to clear chat.

The second thing added is a volume control for alert notifications. The default sound levels for everyone out there on the Internet can be pretty varied, so it makes sense to add this straightforward volume control. Too loud? Turn it down.

Our hope is you enjoy the new chat and use it often.

One other item about chat. If you are a present user of chat you know that there is a large version of chat available by using a Tab marked Chat, way up at the top of iKC (Along with lots of other tabs to help you navigate quickly)

If you use the smaller version of chat which for most is at the bottom right of your screen, you have the ability to make it larger(or taller). Simply place your cursor at the top of the chat box until your cursor forms an arrow. It should show the ability to go up or down and by pressing down your right click mouse you can expand or make the box taller or by dragging it down make the box smaller.

Not a hard thing to do but may help you when you want to scan chat quickly before joining in the conversation!

You've been busy Hog! Great work!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

White River Knives

Visit Lee' s Cutlery

KNIFE AUCTIONS

KNIFE MAGAZINE!!!

tsaknives.com

JSR Sports!

Click to visit

© 2024   Created by Jan Carter.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service