Welcome Home...THANK YOU FOR BEING A PART OF OUR COMMUNITY

We have a great group "EDC Club" and has a lot of good topics, but no place really to post your EDC. And you have to be a member of that club to post on that group. I have been using a couple of posts in that group for my EDC's but does not relate to the topic.

SO - how about an ongoing Discussion with pictures of what you are carrying today?.

What are your favorite EDC's?   What is your EDC lineup?

This will be for all IKC members, not just members of the EDC group.

So Post those Everyday Carrys and show us what you are carrying today.

Views: 17327

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Carrying today: a RR USMC knife, sorta like a peanut, can't find the pic. Sorry. Going to town.

Carrying a Cattaraugus 225-Q this week.

Howard, Great ole Catt. Thanks for sharing.

Had to go to the Courthouse, this morning, so I couldn't carry ANYTHING.

Dang I felt naked.

Carrying to the farm this morning: a Klein Tools "half hawk" Electricians knife

Don't know if your "truck knives" count as EDC, but I just added my Leatherman Sidekick to the list of tools that are assigned to my truck.

Carrying today: Case Stag #6249

NICE.

Ken Spielvogel said:

Carrying today: Case Stag #6249

JJ. that's a good tool to keep in your truck. I have been carrying a Real Avid Multi-Tool in my truck or ATV. It has a pair of shears, instead of plyers as a main tool.

Howard, that's a real work horse of a knife that 225-Q. I think it's called a Quartermaster knife.

Thanks, Robert.

I got it at a reasonable price because it was all rusty, and the sheath was in terrible shape.  I did some reading on the 225-Q and it's stable mate - Case 337-Q, and probably the PAL.  As I recall the WWII specs. for the knife came from the Quartermaster corps., but the volume of the order was so great that the writer believed that they were general issue knives, and not specific to the Quartermaster corps. I originally wanted a Case 337-Q as well, and I guess I could find a rusty one at a reasonable price, but the Cattaraugus seems to be a rarer knife, and I don't fancy all the hand sanding I had to do to get the 225-Q back to working order that I would have to do to a Case 337-Q.  To be sure, there are some pristine 337-Qs out there, but I didn't want to pay a premium for a knife that someone else rehabilitated using power tools that might have ground too much thickness from the blade.  My 225-Q still has some pits in the blade, but the pits aren't rusty - maybe microscopically rusty, and are not at the edge.

Robert Burris said:

JJ. that's a good tool to keep in your truck. I have been carrying a Real Avid Multi-Tool in my truck or ATV. It has a pair of shears, instead of plyers as a main tool.

Howard, that's a real work horse of a knife that 225-Q. I think it's called a Quartermaster knife.

Howard you did a fine job on the blade. I am restoring a Western fixed blade and it's coming out good, the only thing is the leather handle. I wonder if there is some instructions somewhere on how to restore leather washer handles?

Robert,

I think you're done if the leather is rotted - like my old (gift from my dad when I was a teen) Estwing hatchet.  Had to remove the leather washers and wrap it in paracord.  The Catt. 225-Q had some kind of coating on the leather handle, whether natural "patina" from wherever it was stored or something that someone purposely put on the leather way back when.  The coating was nearly black, and the leather underneath was in good shape, so a drill mounted wire brush worked to remove the coating/patina, and I slathered on a couple coats of Red Wing Boot Oil to preserve the leather.  I well understand that underneath it all is a tang that is as rusty as the rest of the blade was when I got it, but I can't see it, and the leather is supple so I'll just not think about the rusty tang.  Plus, I didn't feel qualified to take on the job of replacing the leather washers.

Robert Burris said:

Howard you did a fine job on the blade. I am restoring a Western fixed blade and it's coming out good, the only thing is the leather handle. I wonder if there is some instructions somewhere on how to restore leather washer handles?

Reply to Discussion

RSS

White River Knives

Visit Lee' s Cutlery

KNIFE AUCTIONS

KNIFE MAGAZINE!!!

tsaknives.com

Click to visit

© 2024   Created by Jan Carter.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service