Welcome Home...THANK YOU FOR BEING A PART OF OUR COMMUNITY

We have a great group "EDC Club" and has a lot of good topics, but no place really to post your EDC. And you have to be a member of that club to post on that group. I have been using a couple of posts in that group for my EDC's but does not relate to the topic.

SO - how about an ongoing Discussion with pictures of what you are carrying today?.

What are your favorite EDC's?   What is your EDC lineup?

This will be for all IKC members, not just members of the EDC group.

So Post those Everyday Carrys and show us what you are carrying today.

Views: 17260

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Ken, Very Nice oldie! Too Cool!

Brian those are some sweet lookers, gotta like them in the pocket!

Kutmaster stockman & Ranger Mini Stockman

Great Remington Scout, Ken.  You gotta try opening a can with that old style can opener, and compare it to the new style can opener, and do it quickly because I am seeing more and more pop-top food cans.  Those old style can openers look to be more efficient than the new style.

Brian, trying your hand at bow drill spindle making?  You are using some fine knives to whittle.

Howard the problem is my Camillus Mk 2 Fighting knife cost $17 in in 1974.   Today the Ontario version of the knife and the KaBar version of the same knife foes for about $50-$70 new!  The only reason people are willing to spend more  for older (new old stock )Camillus knives is because the company went belly-up.

No doubt that the the price of new knife today is actually LESS if you account for inflation but this also means that the value of the older knife has not kept up with inflation!  In other words, knife collecting isn't necessarily a good investment.  While some knives might be the inflation curve the vast majority will not!

The other problem is you hear over and over from Case collectors that the quality of the newer knives is not as good as the older knives.  The next problem is that the price of the imported  knives has actually dropped significantly when you factor in inflation and the quality has actually improved!

Packing a Bazooka today!

(along with my other EDC I always carry!)

Nice Bazooka Tobias, looks in real good shape.

Good points, Tobias.  Yes, as you point out, the price of a bunch of knives today are under the inflation curve, and are great bargains, even if they don't seem like it (paying $70. for a $17. knife).  Inflation would have put the price at about $100.

Agreed.  If you want a knife from a company that went out of business, you might have to pay a premium for it.  For some of us, we hit what I loosely term "the Law of Diminishing/Marginal Returns".  For example, the relative value of an old Bill Scagel fixed blade is such that if I could afford it I would probably spend the money on a new custom knife made from unobtainium.

And, I agree that import quality has greatly improved, especially with U.S. companies controlling the specs.

Tobias Gibson said:

Howard the problem is my Camillus Mk 2 Fighting knife cost $17 in in 1974.   Today the Ontario version of the knife and the KaBar version of the same knife foes for about $50-$70 new!  The only reason people are willing to spend more  for older (new old stock )Camillus knives is because the company went belly-up.

No doubt that the the price of new knife today is actually LESS if you account for inflation but this also means that the value of the older knife has not kept up with inflation!  In other words, knife collecting isn't necessarily a good investment.  While some knives might be the inflation curve the vast majority will not!

The other problem is you hear over and over from Case collectors that the quality of the newer knives is not as good as the older knives.  The next problem is that the price of the imported  knives has actually dropped significantly when you factor in inflation and the quality has actually improved!

Very good discussions on the value of knives.

Thanks guys.

No bow drill. Just sittin' and whittlin' sticks.

Benchmade 581 Barrage & Spyderco Kiwi in stag.

Nice knives Brad.  I am carrying today a RR Copperhead

Boker Pen Knife (along with my usual EDCs)

(and a Midnite Manager)

Reply to Discussion

RSS

White River Knives

Latest Activity

George R Naugle commented on lou gerrick's group REMINGTON KNIFE CLUB
16 hours ago
George R Naugle replied to Scott King's discussion What's your favorite old knife? in the group Vintage American Knives
17 hours ago
Kevin D replied to dead_left_knife_guy's discussion Blade HQ has FREE SHIPPING through 4/27 or 4/28
yesterday

Featured
dead_left_knife_guy posted a discussion
yesterday
Michael Lee Bibbey posted a status
"Still collecting and working on knifes"
yesterday
J.J. Smith III commented on Mike Bryant's photo
Thursday
Mike Bryant posted photos
Wednesday
George R Naugle commented on lou gerrick's group REMINGTON KNIFE CLUB
Wednesday
George R Naugle replied to Scott King's discussion What's your favorite old knife? in the group Vintage American Knives
Tuesday

KnifeMaker
Andy Larrison commented on Alexander Åhl's photo
Monday

KnifeMaker
Alexander Åhl commented on Alexander Åhl's photo
Monday

KnifeMaker
Andy Larrison commented on Alexander Åhl's photo
Monday

KnifeMaker
Andy Larrison replied to James McClendon's discussion Ball Bearing becomes a Bowie.
Monday

KnifeMaker
Andy Larrison commented on Tim's photo
Monday

KnifeMaker
James McClendon posted a discussion
Apr 21
Kevin D replied to dead_left_knife_guy's discussion Is Knives Illustrated Magazine Dead?
Apr 20

Visit Lee' s Cutlery

KNIFE AUCTIONS

KNIFE MAGAZINE!!!

tsaknives.com

JSR Sports!

Click to visit

© 2024   Created by Jan Carter.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service