Welcome Home...THANK YOU FOR BEING A PART OF OUR COMMUNITY

Mine is a 73 brimstone just a solid knife

Views: 2596

Replies to This Discussion

I am with you Tom.  I love the look and feel of the ivory but for knife scales I prefer the mammoth.  It does have more character.  But on the other hand, there are so few knife makers actually using Ivory it makes it almose irresistable

Jan,

That was/is my dilemma. I hate to miss out on something rare and unique, but the price does make me stop and think (before I go ahead and order). I would welcome the return of mammoth ivory though. I enjoy all of the variations in color and the prehistoric nature of it.

Here's my #53 Furtaker sporting a patina.

Wow Johnny, That is a great Patina.  Easy to tell this one gets some pocket time.  Whats the last thing you used this one for?

Johnny, thats close to what I carry, same handle profile just a little different blades.

J2S, I think that patina is better than on your camp knife! Great picture too! I bet the silverware in your house doesn't get any use though, with your working on patina on this one. Pass the butter Mom, wait let me get my Furtaker out... LOL, Just giving you grief my friend!!! Looks great though, I need to get my Frontier #72 to look half this good. I might have to send it to you to break it in for me. I think you could be on GEC's payroll doing all of their New Aged knives!!!And their photography too for the GEC Calendar!

Actually I jump started this patina with a vinegar treatment, the clip blade still has the original look after the vinegar, but the wharncliffe has been used quiet a bit since then. I love having a patina from just use, but when I decided to use this knife at work I started dealing with rust issues. I hate having an oily knife in my pocket, it's just something I don't want to deal with, but I also hate rust.

Once I got the vinegar treatment done, I rarely had rust issues, plus, the patina added that extra something I was looking for. The wharncliff is the real worker and I love the job it does, I'm not usually a wharncliff guy, but I like GEC's style.

Jan, I think the last thing I cut was an apple, but before that. I cut just about everything there is to cut on a produce farm. Lots of plastic wrap, jute twine, busted some hay bales and a lot of other jobs. The knife really came in handy, I liked the good frame, it offers a decent grip for me.

Robert, the equal end frame is a great design, it's great in the hand. Even though they got a heft size they feel good in the pocket. I really like that moose you have, I'll have to take that plunge some day. : )

Tom, actually your close, my food prep knife is my Red Wine #72, SS blades and no carbon taste. I don't use knives from our kitchen, I use my GEC. I mean, why not, right? Thanks again for the compliments Tom. : )

Here's the front side with the beautiful beaver.

Wow Johnny that thang is nice real nice patina and as always great photos

BEAVERTAIL!!!!!

Oyeah, hard to beat.

An instant classic after a bit of pocket time, it's a great shield for some excellent knives. 

My MM modded #56 is my favorite carry,  but I must say that the #85 is absolutely

perfect in the pocket/hand.  The shape is just so right,  I can see myself grabbing for the

#85 alot.  If you don't have one,  add it to your short list.

TC

RSS

White River Knives

Visit Lee' s Cutlery

KNIFE AUCTIONS

KNIFE MAGAZINE!!!

tsaknives.com

JSR Sports!

Click to visit

© 2024   Created by Jan Carter.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service