Welcome Home...THANK YOU FOR BEING A PART OF OUR COMMUNITY

Mine is a 73 brimstone just a solid knife

Views: 2596

Replies to This Discussion

Donnie is feeling the same way with his #85.  It is the newest favorite

Those #85s look like really sweet knives, I think they are getting a following as big as the #56 dogleg lovers. I'm a dogleg lover/user, so maybe I'll have to try an #85 out sometime. 

Here's a little red barlow I've had for a while, it sits with a nice little pocket carry, the #61. They both have a way of disappearing in the pocket so it would be easy to give them more time. The #25 is a really hard working back up knife, it's been through a lot, it's the big little knife. 

Johnny,

I didn't think that you were a fan of the #25? Do you like the spear over the clip? You sure have some great looking patina on the blade and pocket wear on the handles! I just ordered a Tidioute #25 single blade wharncliffe with Bocote handles for my EDC rotation cause I have a New Aged Tidioute smooth ivory bone with the same main blade and pen blade and I use the heck out of it. I thought that this one would be nice and slim and kind of dressy.

I actually love the #25, it's a Tank and it doesn't always receive the credit it deserves. It gets undercut because of it's size, but it does more with it's blade than a lot of bigger Case knives would do. It has no flex when in use and it's always solid, I have put it through PVC pipe and I still had a sharp blade afterwards. 

I takes a lot and gives nothing but success. It started me on the smaller patterns of GEC, it even made me semi-retire my #73, but that didn't last too long. The spear point blade has been great, I never once wished for a clip point over it, so I'm happy with it. If I was given a choice of the two, I would probably pick the clip though, just a great blade. This little knife does a lot though and it won't back down easily.

I have seen those Wharncliffe #25s and they look great, another great blade for lots of use. The #25 should compliment the uses of the wharncliffe, good luck with it Tom. 

I  hope to get a Dog Leg Jack with the clip point some time my self.

I really like the Stag,but like the Spring Green Bone also.

The dogleg received almost instant success.  When it came out it was an instant hit.  Johnny, your correct the 85 is headed for the same status.  Some knives just ride better in your pocket, feel better in your hand and can be used for most anything.

As an EDC the 25 will never let you down.  In my eyes the 25 is an underdog.  The Barlow is such a traditional pattern that many people view it as "old timey", just like the sodbuster it gets under valued as an EDC. Since it comes in so many blade variations from Great Eastern, in my opinion, it is an essential knife in any collection and any user rotation.

Ronald, go for it.

You only pay for a knife once, it pays for itself everyday.

This is my new favorite.

My EDC for a long time is this 2008 Banana Peel Whittler. I love the half stops and the rounded bolsters.

[IMG]http://i512.photobucket.com/albums/t325/41Dude/BananaWhittler001.jpg[/IMG]

That's awesome Steve! I am a big #54W fan! My first was in Tractor Green, bought my son the Banana Peel one and later had to get myself one too. I'm up to 8 of them including 3 Bulldogs that are GEC made. I have a few other #54's too - really like the pattern overall and wish that GEC would make more of them - hint, hint! I need to start carrying old Tractor Green again especially since I have a few knife slips. Just added the Amber bone one to the collection this week. Alot of good knives came out of GEC in 2008!

I love your new knife Johnny, where have I seen that before?lol The more you use it the more you'll find out how well it do'es on just about all cutting task.

RSS

White River Knives

Visit Lee' s Cutlery

KNIFE AUCTIONS

KNIFE MAGAZINE!!!

tsaknives.com

JSR Sports!

Click to visit

© 2024   Created by Jan Carter.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service