Welcome Home...THANK YOU FOR BEING A PART OF OUR COMMUNITY

A few of us have been clamoring about knifes that we would like to see. Johnny Two Shoes would like a peanut and a traditional whittler. I would like a scout/utility knife and a traditional whittler. What would you folks like GEC to make next? I'd like one of those spiral cut Red Buffalo Horn Whalers too while we are wishing for things (but that is an existing pattern). I was looking at some of the camp/scout/utility knives that I already have by Camillus, Ulster, Utica, Western (see my photos if interested) and it would seem to me that GEC could make one like these fairly easily (yeah it's easy for me to say) out of their current #53/#54 frame. It might be hard to incorporate the corkscrew that I wanted in our "Gone Camping" discussion in this frame but those folks at GEC work wonders! I have an older Boker Camp knife (see my pics) that has all of the bells and whistles but it doesn't really match any existing patterns and is a beast of it's own.

So what do you all think? I'd be interested in suggestions of new knives and also the scales that you'd like to see on them.

Views: 2682

Attachments:

Replies to This Discussion

Jan - Is that the handle that will be on the IKC knife?  Dan

There is only a few more weeks of prodution before this year [2011] ends. GEC has knife patterns that it has committed to completeing this year so only a few more patterns will be produced this year. I wonder which ones that will be? Some will be sad and some will be glad.lol

The handle is one that has only been once before and never on this knife.  It is called Indian Choffee.  Here is the original knife it was done in

http://greateasterncutlery.net/blog/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/6613...

J. Dan Skean Jr. said:

Jan - Is that the handle that will be on the IKC knife?  Dan

Okay, here is the newest idea, straight from my head honcho. (My Mom)

We need a GEC fillet knife, we have been butchering deer for the last days and we use fillet knives to do the work. I think a good GEC fillet knife would be awesome. 

Yes time for a Swing guard in 2012.

Johnny, I have a 2 HP. Butcher Boy meat saw to butcher my deer, maybe they could make one of those...lol

We am in for both the filet knife and a swing guard guys but I have my doubt about talking them into the meat saw Robert...LOL

I could use a filet knive too. I have found only one carbon steel filet knife thin enough to be flexable. Good luck GEC on that one.

Here is a top five list of knives I would like to see from GEC by next year.

1. Camp knife.

Just a simple one, doesn't even need a shield for me.

2. Peanut.

GEC doing a peanut just sounds like a tough thing for the factory, we're used to see big knives show up from them, but the peanut would be a tiny knives compared to all the others.

3. Fillet.

This is also a tough one, the knives has to be able to flex with ease and I have never seen a GEC flex. I think just simple micarta handles would do.

4. #12 Fish knife.

Okay, normal clip blade with a hook disgorger. Instead of the normal hook sharpener shield, I would just love a fish shield. Same size and detail as the Beaver, but in trout form. I think I could stand at the side of a creek here in Pa and sell a hundred or so. Natural bone scales, on the lighter side if possible.

5. #23 lockback.

I like your 5 ideas above Johnny. I am very partial to the Camp knife, the fish knife and the #23 lockback. I wouldn't mind a Hogan lockback or a two blade Hogan too. I would like to see GEC come out with a whole line of kitchen knives too in their own storage block that holds a half a dozen of them and a sharpening steel. I bought the two kitchen knives for my wife and she loves them! I think a GEC meat cleaver would be sweet too! When I saw their Thanksgiving poster I was thinking that a GEC hatchet and hunting knife combo in the same sheath would be nice too.

That would be slick, I don't get to camp as much a I like to, but I'll get out more sometime. When I do, it would be awesome to have that combo with me. I look forward to seeing what this company can do everyday, it seems as though they are constantly thinking of new patterns to try. But, I feel they sometimes miss the more obvious ones, like the Fishing knife. I can see one right off of the #12 frame. But, maybe there is something to their process that I don't know, I might be missing a big reason why they can't do one yet. 

Maybe we'll have to get our heads together and do a special order camp knife. It will be the Tommy Twoshoes brand. If your okay with Tommy, that is. : )

Tommy Twoshoes...I LOVE it...count me in 

RSS

White River Knives

Visit Lee' s Cutlery

KNIFE AUCTIONS

KNIFE MAGAZINE!!!

tsaknives.com

JSR Sports!

Click to visit

© 2024   Created by Jan Carter.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service