Welcome Home...THANK YOU FOR BEING A PART OF OUR COMMUNITY

A few of us have been clamoring about knifes that we would like to see. Johnny Two Shoes would like a peanut and a traditional whittler. I would like a scout/utility knife and a traditional whittler. What would you folks like GEC to make next? I'd like one of those spiral cut Red Buffalo Horn Whalers too while we are wishing for things (but that is an existing pattern). I was looking at some of the camp/scout/utility knives that I already have by Camillus, Ulster, Utica, Western (see my photos if interested) and it would seem to me that GEC could make one like these fairly easily (yeah it's easy for me to say) out of their current #53/#54 frame. It might be hard to incorporate the corkscrew that I wanted in our "Gone Camping" discussion in this frame but those folks at GEC work wonders! I have an older Boker Camp knife (see my pics) that has all of the bells and whistles but it doesn't really match any existing patterns and is a beast of it's own.

So what do you all think? I'd be interested in suggestions of new knives and also the scales that you'd like to see on them.

Views: 2682

Attachments:

Replies to This Discussion

Johnny,

Sorry for not responding earlier, been tied up with a deadline and travel baseball games with my son. The Tommy Twoshoes sounds like an awesome campknife! I think that the Johnny Twoshoes has a better ring to it though. I'd have to buy a few either way. I don't know if anyone else would go for it, except we might get Jan's support. How about a hatchet and fixed blade combo with a sharpening stone pouch on the sheath or sharpening steel and a side by side sheath/pouch for a camp knife? All three (hatchet, hunting knife and camp knife) could have the Two Shoes shield!

The two shoes shield would be cool : )

The trio set would be so awesome though, I would love to own about 20 sets. I know a few people who would enjoy having a set that useful. Honestly Tommy Twoshoes sounds like an awesome gangster name, so we would have to have a Tuxedo knife, a pattern so classy that it's not really useful for anything but looking at. 

I can never understand why they are so expensive. I don't own one yet because I haven't wanted to drop $50 on a fingernail cleaner. Waiting for one that speaks to me....

I would like to know if GEC ever made some Moose patters in Primitive Bone or Ivory or any of the other good stuff? Moose collectors need a little respect you know. The Moose is loose and I think more and more people realize a knife pattern under under produced and under collected may wake up to an old outdoor knife that deserves a second look.

Ron, thats a grand idea, only thing I think moose antler is hard to get in a quantity they would need. I love it though, Moose ..Moose!

Well there is a guy at Knives of Alaska that has alot of moose.   MooseMoose sounds good to me!!!

Moose Moose

Moose Moose

Moose Moose

Moose Moose

Moose Moose

Moose Moose

Wow, I'm telling the Beavers!!!

but I want my moose moose to have a beaver shield :)

It could be a Beaver Moose or a Moose Beaver or....I think it's past my bed time...lol

I know that everyone would like a lumberjack moose but I wouldn't mind seeing the White Owl in a moose format. I would vote for a Beavertail version too, along with a Yellow Rose and smooth ivory white bone.

A 68 white owl moose would certainly interest me, assuming they keep it a single spring knife.  The smooth ivory bone would work quite well, as would bocote, or something similar with distinct grain.

RSS

White River Knives

Visit Lee' s Cutlery

KNIFE AUCTIONS

KNIFE MAGAZINE!!!

tsaknives.com

JSR Sports!

Click to visit

© 2024   Created by Jan Carter.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service