Welcome Home...THANK YOU FOR BEING A PART OF OUR COMMUNITY

Hey who all on here hunts, and if so what do you hunt? What are some of your favorite game to hunt?

Views: 1792

Replies to This Discussion

I just shot two  Blue Wildebeests, had to use my big combat knife to get through the tough hide.

It was raining so the pic is not great.Girlfriend was worried her hair was getting wet LOL

Congrats. Andre, that does look like one tough critter. What did it weigh? Glad the girl friend was there to help.

Hi Robert, thanks.

My skinners are still busy with them, but it must be about 235kg dressed weight.Will take it into the butcher later to weigh.Girlfriend is always willing to help except when it there is rain or blood.

Shown in this pic is a black Wildebeest , note the differant looking horns.Also they are a bit smaller than the blue.

That's great Andre, good sport. How do you cook the meat?

Wildebeest meat is not so great.Especially these big old boys.You can make sausages and mince or biltong out of it.

If i get a young one I may do a stew , in those big  black steel pots, we call them potjie  pots.It takes a few hours, but usually very good.

Andre,

Hey what would it take to get some of that wildabeast horn?  Looks like a knife handle to me

The, Ducks sure look good!!!

Robert Burris said:

A few of us managed some ducks and squirrels for super on our deer hunt. The wheather was warm and the deer had plenty of acorns to eat without moving much, that spelled poor deer hunting. Everyone still had a great time in the outdoors.

I am going on that big time Exotic deer hunt this weekend. I am surely looking foward to it. We will duck and squirrel hunt in the morning and deer hunt in the evening. Someone bringing me hunting, will be a change for me.lol I'll try take more pictures.

Hi Jan

Yes I do  have a lot of differant horns available.Wildebeest looks the same as buffalo horn, its just a lot smaller.I did a few kit knives up with horn and bone last year, and sold them at shows.Note the one with filework and black handle is wildebeest horn.

Let me  know what you would like?

Jan Carter said:

Andre,

Hey what would it take to get some of that wildabeast horn?  Looks like a knife handle to me

I just got back from my Knob Hill Ranch hunt. I did okay, will post some pictures latter.

Great Robert, can't wait to see them

RSS

White River Knives

Visit Lee' s Cutlery

KNIFE AUCTIONS

KNIFE MAGAZINE!!!

tsaknives.com

JSR Sports!

Click to visit

© 2024   Created by Jan Carter.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service