Welcome Home...THANK YOU FOR BEING A PART OF OUR COMMUNITY

Buck has been making these knives for almost 50 years. Its an incredible run for a knife and a credit to the company to stay the course through all the years.

It all started in April of 1963 when the Buck Board of Directors approved the project for the knife. In August they approved the design and by June 64 they had a production model. By September Dealers were selling them and 296 were sold that first year.

The purpose of this discussion is to give everyone a chance to post a story about a Buck 110 in their life or in the life of someone they knew. If possible, post a picture of the knife.  Its 50 years of history!

Tags: 110, 50, Buck, anniversary, year

Views: 725

Replies to This Discussion

Wow a great story Peter..no wonder the 110 is still so sought after!  The images are incredible to see!

50 years there have to billions of them by now!

NOT FOR RESALE!

I wonder how many of the first 296 went to war.
I know that the Buck 110 became the most popular knive in all the branches of the Military during Viet Nam. Everyone from the paper pushers to the line troops, regardless of MOS carried one.
I think the "Demo" knife was the second most popular. I know when my uncle was there (1965 to 66, Infantry) he carried both.
I only have three 110's. A plain jane 50th Anniversary, and two post Anniversary. I might get another next month. That under $30 regular price at Wally World is hard to resist. Especially when all 3 of mine are 3300 miles away.

RSS

White River Knives

Latest Activity

Visit Lee' s Cutlery

KNIFE AUCTIONS

KNIFE MAGAZINE!!!

tsaknives.com

JSR Sports!

Click to visit

© 2024   Created by Jan Carter.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service