Welcome Home...THANK YOU FOR BEING A PART OF OUR COMMUNITY

Is there any better choice for an EDC then a good ole sod buster?

I haven't had one for some time and came across one at the local Lowe's store a week of so ago. Been carrying it and and remembered just what I loved about these little guys!

the first one I had was a standard Sod Buster, this one is a Sod Buster junior. Saying that, it really is a great knife to have in the pocket.

Love the feel of the handle, the blade is very sharp, and it's weight it perfect. I also like the fact that I can carry this tool without too much concern about the bolsters and handle being marred or scratched.

I really love the fact that for $20.00 you can carry a good Case knife and not have the worry (at least the worry I have) of loosing a sink load of money if something goes wrong.

Views: 493

Replies to This Discussion

Very good point... I do notice when Im carrying a Micrortech I worry about losing it,Constantly grabbing my pocket. When carrying a nice Case knife im checking the Bolsters every time I pull it out,looking to see if I scratched them.My latest craze (as I refer to it) is Boot knives. I dont leave home with-out one.Doubt seriously if I would actually use it unless my life was in real Danger.Just dont tell anyone.! LOL

I agree, Scott, takes the edge off when you carry something that didn't break the bank and still functions like it should!

This is why I carry a good old Victorinox.  Actually two good ol' Victorinox Knives.  A Spartan Lite and Midnite Manager.    While a single blade knife is very handy, I often need  the other tools more than the knife blade!  This way I always have two ink pens, a nail file, a pair of scissors a couple screw drivers, bottle openers, scribing tool,  and two small flashlights with me at all times.  A sodbuster is a great knife, but my Vics rarely let me down and the price is hard to beat. 

My old buster Jr.

Sometimes, a whittler just won't do...

I used to have a Case Sodbuster. Used to. I used to carry it everyday. Used to. But then one day I discovered Mr. Peanut. And Mr. Peanut has been stalking me ever since. And so has Case for that matter.

Attachments:

Wonder why Case ever quit making Boot Knives, Its a1992 I Grabbed on E-Bay. Very near mint

Anyone have an idea of its Value ?

Very nice!!!

I saw one recently sell for $95.00

Scott R Gordon said:

The boot knife is nice!

The sodbuster is just such a handy piece to have in your pocket, good shape and size blade.  Handy tool

Sorry guess it isnt a sod buster not sure why I posted it here and why It posted twice Im not sure

Scott R Gordon said:

RSS

White River Knives

Latest Activity

J.J. Smith III left a comment for Deb Bowers
21 hours ago
Deb Bowers is now a member of iKnife Collector
21 hours ago
Mike Bryant posted photos
yesterday
Kevin D posted a status
"Last 2 weekends were completely 'horse' weekends. This weekend I hope to get back to the forge and getting some other knife work done."
yesterday
Jan Carter posted a status
Wednesday
Ellis H. Roberson commented on Joe Vadala's photo
Wednesday
Carl Bradshaw commented on Jan Carter's group Daniels Family Knife Brands
Wednesday
Carl Bradshaw commented on Jan Carter's group Daniels Family Knife Brands
Wednesday

KnifeMaker
Andy Larrison replied to Andy Larrison's discussion Case Vault Release Razor rehandled in Mammoth Ivory in the group Knife Repair, Modification, Restoration & Improvement
Wednesday
J.J. Smith III replied to Andy Larrison's discussion Case Vault Release Razor rehandled in Mammoth Ivory in the group Knife Repair, Modification, Restoration & Improvement
Tuesday

KnifeMaker
Andy Larrison replied to Andy Larrison's discussion Case Vault Release Razor rehandled in Mammoth Ivory in the group Knife Repair, Modification, Restoration & Improvement
Jun 10
Joe Vadala commented on Joe Vadala's photo
Jun 9
Joe Vadala commented on Joe Vadala's photo
Jun 9
Bill Martinson posted photos
Jun 9
Kevin D replied to Andy Larrison's discussion Case Vault Release Razor rehandled in Mammoth Ivory in the group Knife Repair, Modification, Restoration & Improvement
Jun 9
George R Naugle commented on Terry Waldele's group Knife Repair, Modification, Restoration & Improvement
Jun 9

Visit Lee' s Cutlery

KNIFE AUCTIONS

KNIFE MAGAZINE!!!

tsaknives.com

JSR Sports!

Click to visit

© 2024   Created by Jan Carter.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service