Welcome Home...THANK YOU FOR BEING A PART OF OUR COMMUNITY

Hi everyone and welcome to our newest members,

Something we have not talked about lately is new aquisitions.  Tell us about your latest and greatest GEC.  Donnie bought me both the new 23's in the Beavertail (Worlds greatest husband by the way)  He got himself the newest 73 in Primitive bone.  THAT is a heck of a nice knife.

What have you gotten lately?

Tags: Cutlery, Eastern, Great

Views: 12367

Replies to This Discussion

Thanks Billy, Iv been wanting these two knives for a while now and they are both awsome. The linerlock Scout is about a perfect good sized pocket knife. You hardly know its in the pocket. The stag is great on all these.

Thanks Ian, Im a luven em.

Yeah, they all looks fantastic!!!

The #73 and that barlow are the winners for me, but that big bowie is awesome. 

Herb,

I like them all! But I particularly like the stag fixed blade - I don't have any 50's or 60's and I'm loving the one you picked up in stag. I agree with Johnny on the barlow (and the 73 too). I would like to see GEC come out with a slightly larger jack knife similar to a barlow - much like what Case makes in their 6231 1/2 jack. You have a nice set of stag there!

Thanks Guy's , I have to say they are all great .  The conductor did not come out good in the picture but it's an awsome slicer to. I took the fixed blade to work today to show it off and it is beyond expectations. Ill have to post all three sides of it so you can see. It is not a bulky or heavy knife but is very substancial sized slicer.  I have larger fixed blades but this is a fine fixy. Herb

Sounds like there is some interest in the fixed blade so here is what all sides look like .Please excuse my new camera , its getting returned tomorrow.

Yeah, thats a beauty all right. Definitely has me thinking about getting one. 

That Conductor looks good too. It's high on the priority list right now. How do you like it for pocket carry???

what great looking knives herb.you are right the fixed blade really stands out.i love every one you got there very nice sir.....

Johnny that conductor is a must have. It is the perfect size for a disappearing pocket knife yet very adequate cutter. I was at longhorns steak house and the steak knife was not doing its job so I whipped out the conductor and it worked like a plasma cutter. That is one sweet knife that I'm proud to show off.

I cant say enough about the fix blade. The stag is by far the best I have ever seen. I would say the mid weight 4" blade  can take on any task thrown at it, unless you just like carrying a heavy weight pry bar that you could also use as a hammer. I look at all knives as tools and they all have a place and specific use and this one pretty well covers all your cutting needs and is the old style beauty to boot. Of coarse I'm prejudice when I see knives and women, I like the pretty ones the best. Form function and beauty are high on my list.

Also if you dont have a Scout or Pioneer,, GET ONE.. I would just like to say Thank you GEC for these beauties. Herb

Herb, I plan on bringing home a Conductor after this years Rendezvous. Not sure if it'll be 1095, or SS. But, with all the good things said about the Conductor, there must be something great about it.

I have both a scout and a pioneer, these are definitely must haves for GEC fans. I need another pioneer with a clip point to try, so many knives, so little time/money. LOL

Miss Jan, these are the two knives one is the Great Eastern and the other is a remake by Mr. Ivy in damascus.

Those Great Eastern knives had a hard workout, but passed the test. Cleaning this many fish ain't easy, but eating 'em is.

RSS

White River Knives

Visit Lee' s Cutlery

KNIFE AUCTIONS

KNIFE MAGAZINE!!!

tsaknives.com

Click to visit

© 2024   Created by Jan Carter.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service