Welcome Home...THANK YOU FOR BEING A PART OF OUR COMMUNITY

Has anyone done anything to get ready for a "Solar Flare Up" that may damage the electrical grid on planet earth for anywhere from 3 months to 10 years? The prediction is for late December of 2012. Food, water, protection and a wide variety of essentials will be needed if this comes to pass. I don't want to scare anyone but I would like for everyone to look at what has been said and prepare if they think it is to their best interest. I would like to know ya'll idea's on this subject and what your plans might be.

Views: 610

Replies to This Discussion

Robert.....

I am ready with all the necessary equipment, firearms and cutting devices.  I will be up on the farm in Kansas setting in the middle of 2,000 acres with plenty of water, game and growing room.  I grew up hunting, trapping, fishing and raising food and cattle.  Also, I have my Gerber Apocalypse Survival Kit...as seen on "The Walking Dead" TV show.  Check this out Robert....at:   http://www.gerbergear.com/Apocalypse/Gear/Apocalypse-Kit_30-000601

If the grid went down for just 3 months, life as we know it would end. There would be no food. Panic, lawlessness, and martial law would be the norm.

Since there would be no food, the government could do nothing but try to hold on to power, in their underground bunkers, paid for by us, while we starve.

Maybe that's why Barry O signed the executive orders giving them the power to take everything we have. even split up families for forced labor.

It's funny,,, the government prepares for nuclear war, solar storms, collapse of the economy. They have deep underground bunkers, food for months or even years, but if we do, we're potential  terrorists. 

I think food and water would be top priority, along we a good home defense. You will not beable to depend on the government for anything, I am pretty sure.

IF....and I say "IF"...a solar flare knocks down the grid for three months, we will be in trouble but not total civil breakdown.  The entire earth will be in trouble....serious trouble.  However, the third world countries who are use to doing with less will fare better than us who are spoiled with what we have and depend on.  The parts of the country which have the coal fired electric power may lose power for a week or so but will be back up and running.  Electricity and water will be rationed so get use to using it for two or three hours a day.  I have done this in Kosovo and it is not that bad...even in the winter.  If you are in the rural area and have LP gas then give us your address and we will be over for lunch.

My personal and professional opinion is we will be ok but be prepared.  Buy up or store some water to last a week with no bathing, buy red beans and rice which comes in the bags for chow two times a day.  Have a full tank of gas in your vehicles.  Have a rally point for those who you care for.  This is what I will be doing. 

If nothing happens as I believe, no harm...no foul in being prepared.  What say you group?

Robert....

We should never depend on the government.  Everyone of us should be able to depend on ourselves.  If in December 2012 we face this disaster we should be ready to take care of our own business.  I would band together with family and friends and have a plan.  Strength in numbers.  Be humane and help when ever possible but if you have to take action to protect your family or group then do it decisively.

Does anyone know of some good books to research survival in the cities or in the wilds.  

I have been working on a list of things you might want to stock up on in case of an electrical shut down that may happen with a large solar flare up. I'll list it when I have it more complete.

Thanks Ron, I hope along with everyone else that nothing happens but if we are without electricity for a good while we need to be prepared. The area that I live in has been hit with electrical outagages from hurricanes  for a long while. I see first hand how bad it is and if it were to last alot longer, people need to prepare. The southern states prepare for hurricanes in advance, so I think a little preparedness by everyone, would not hurt.

Geeze,, I have been into survival for over 30 years now,, I have so much crap I could never take it all if I had to "bug out". I could prolly fill a pickup bed 4 times,, not counting food. 

The rats have taken over my place in the sticks,, but I would kick them out if I had to. Or roast them,,, a little tabasco and it's all good.

Well, I want everyone to know that you may be better off staying where you live, with a roof over your head, before you "Bug Out". You may have to decide if your home is the right place if a burn out happens. I live in the country, so my plan is to stay put and live off the land. The people in the suburbs, may fair just as well, staying put. The ones in the inter-city are the ones that are most likely in need of a great move. I just want everyone to think about, No electricity for three months. I will prepare for this just like I do for a great hurricane.

Thats our thought Robert.  With the bay across the street, at least we can fish.  Lots of vegetation in our area is edible.  What do you all think about communication.  I have been tempted to get one of those radios that cranks, will there be anything to hear?

Those are great, I have a lantern that has a light and radio. I will make a list that may help alot of people, if something happens. My list will will be of such that if nothing happens and [please I hope nothing will] we spend a few dollars getting ready, well it's stuff we can use later on in the year.

I assure you for communication ham radio will be up. Its almost impossible to shut us down. I am solar powered, have spare batteries we rotate out of the car and have a generator.  Communications worldwide using less power than a 5 watt light bulb.

Jan Carter said:

Thats our thought Robert.  With the bay across the street, at least we can fish.  Lots of vegetation in our area is edible.  What do you all think about communication.  I have been tempted to get one of those radios that cranks, will there be anything to hear?

RSS

White River Knives

Latest Activity

George R Naugle commented on lou gerrick's group REMINGTON KNIFE CLUB
8 hours ago
George R Naugle replied to Scott King's discussion What's your favorite old knife? in the group Vintage American Knives
9 hours ago
Kevin D replied to dead_left_knife_guy's discussion Blade HQ has FREE SHIPPING through 4/27 or 4/28
yesterday

Featured
dead_left_knife_guy posted a discussion
yesterday
Michael Lee Bibbey posted a status
"Still collecting and working on knifes"
yesterday
J.J. Smith III commented on Mike Bryant's photo
Thursday
Mike Bryant posted photos
Wednesday
George R Naugle commented on lou gerrick's group REMINGTON KNIFE CLUB
Wednesday
George R Naugle replied to Scott King's discussion What's your favorite old knife? in the group Vintage American Knives
Tuesday

KnifeMaker
Andy Larrison commented on Alexander Åhl's photo
Monday

KnifeMaker
Alexander Åhl commented on Alexander Åhl's photo
Monday

KnifeMaker
Andy Larrison commented on Alexander Åhl's photo
Monday

KnifeMaker
Andy Larrison replied to James McClendon's discussion Ball Bearing becomes a Bowie.
Monday

KnifeMaker
Andy Larrison commented on Tim's photo
Monday

KnifeMaker
James McClendon posted a discussion
Monday
Kevin D replied to dead_left_knife_guy's discussion Is Knives Illustrated Magazine Dead?
Apr 20

Visit Lee' s Cutlery

KNIFE AUCTIONS

KNIFE MAGAZINE!!!

tsaknives.com

JSR Sports!

Click to visit

© 2024   Created by Jan Carter.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service