Welcome Home...THANK YOU FOR BEING A PART OF OUR COMMUNITY

None other than the Center for Disease Control Issues a preparedness warning for.....zombies...

Check out this blog:http://blogs.cdc.gov/publichealthmatters/2011/05/preparedness-101-z...

Among other items to read on the blog the CDC provides this list:

Water (1 gallon per person per day)
Food (stock up on non-perishable items that you eat regularly)
Medications (this includes prescription and non-prescription meds)
Tools and Supplies (utility knife, duct tape, battery powered radio, etc.)
Sanitation and Hygiene (household bleach, soap, towels, etc.)
Clothing and Bedding (a change of clothes for each family member and blankets)
Important documents (copies of your driver’s license, passport, and birth certificate to name a few)
First Aid supplies (although you’re a goner if a zombie bites you, you can use these supplies to treat basic cuts and lacerations that you might get during a tornado or hurricane)

Stay tuned to iKC for Zombie warnings and alerts and ..........Stay safe out there...............

Tags: cdc, lists, news, preparedness, survival, zombie

Views: 538

Replies to This Discussion

On April 27, 2011, we had 62 tornados in Alabama.  A couple of small towns were practically wiped off the map.  A large chunk of the city of Tuscaloosa was destroyed.  The entire city of Huntsville and all of the county were black for a week.  No power at all.  The hospitals had to run off generators.  Almost 400 of TVA's transmission towers were destroyed.  We had several hundred miles of transmission lines put out of service and had to literally be rebuilt.  We had about 3,000 people working in shifts 24/7 to rebuild the transmission system.  It took weeks, not days, to get power back on for everybody.  TVA has a nuclear power plant a few miles from our house.  We couldn't use it to put power on the grid.  The transmission lines from it were destroyed.  Several of the tornados were F4 and F5.  One F5 tornado was a mile wide and traveled 130 miles.  It hit three states, Mississippi, Alabama, and Tennessee.  That one missed my house by about two miles.  I stood and watched debris falling out of the sky for an hour continuously.

There were around 200 people killed.  And I don't remember the number injured.  At one point one hospital put out the word to not come to the hospital for a "simple" broken bone because they didn't have the manpower to treat you.

So, yes, you never know what you will have to get through.  You definitely need to be prepared.

Steve Hanner said:

I have been through Tornado's, something called straight line winds, aftershocks near Woodland Ca,  20 inch downpours and flash flooding...the list goes on and how many times a knife was not just nice to have but a necessity! 

I've not run into a Zombie yet...but I guarantee I will have a knife on that day! lol!

James Cole said:

Steve,

You're right on target; you can never know when an event may happen.  Just the other day we had an earthquake, just a little one, but the next one could be an 8+.  It would be great if we knew, say a day in advance, when "something " was going to happen then we could be completely prepared.  Better to be prepared and ready at all times.

JC

RSS

White River Knives

Visit Lee' s Cutlery

KNIFE AUCTIONS

KNIFE MAGAZINE!!!

tsaknives.com

JSR Sports!

Click to visit

© 2024   Created by Jan Carter.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service