Welcome Home...THANK YOU FOR BEING A PART OF OUR COMMUNITY

I have recently had an interest in learning about the equipment needed for surviving in a Bug Out situation. In learning the proper tools and equipment to have, I have also started backpacking and tent camping some. More recently, I started having an interest in bushcraft. What I have found is, there are a lot of similar tools required in each of these, especially having a decent knife. I would love to hear what any of you think about the mix of these different activities. I am still learning and having fun as I do so. I got several items for Christmas that will be used in a combination of these activities. Here are the items I got.

Views: 1887

Replies to This Discussion

Finally was able to camp out out for the second time this year. Just got back from the BHK Camp out this morning. Had a great time with old friends and made some new ones. Of course I couldn't come home without a new BHK knife. This one is a First Frontier (mini) neck knife. I thought you all might enjoy a few pics from this one also. 

Looks to have been a good time.

You know, one of the things I love about the BHK events, they always make room for the kids.  A company after my own heart they make sure the kids have an outdoor experience they will always remember

This past weekend we attended the BHK fall camp out and had a great time again. This time it was a little more relaxed with less activities (as I like it). Aside from the muggy weather and plentiful mosquitoes, it was a perfect weekend. Here are a few pics.

Jeremy,

I love that you attend these and share with us the pics.  I recommend anyone take a long hard look at BHK for their next outdoor knife.  Regardless of what you are seeking BHK can meet that need and exceed your expectations.  I share a great respect for this company, their love of the outdoors and consistent bring it to the next generation attitude.

This is my current Get-home-bag and contents. I am always looking at changes to make. 

I like seeing these bags it gives me ideas for mine.  One thing I never though of until tonights chat was a charger, I need to add one!  One thing I do have in mine that I don't see is nail clippers and believe it of not a nail file.  It is a great way to have a small amount of sand paper for cleaning battery posts, spark plugs ect

Here is my go to, non-knife, cutting tools that I take into the woods when I go camping. 

You are set up for whatever may come your way.  I know oyu have been working on the weight of your pack, have you gotten that down any?

I have been trying to get tools that can be packed in on a hiking trip but also have larger tools for when I car camp. I think I am getting closer on both. I need to do another weigh in on the back soon. 

Well, I was finally able to get my first camping trip in for the year last weekend. I attended my 5th BHK camp out and we had plenty of rain. We didn't let the rain spoil our fun, but there was a lot more sitting around than usual. Here are a few pics from the trip. My oldest Kaleb went with me again. 

Jeremy

I really enjoyed looking at your photos from this trip! I love camping photos and it looks like a great time for all. Everything is so green! Beautiful place. That dog looks like a larger version of my Blitz!! Thanks for sharing!!

Sincerely,

John

RSS

White River Knives

Latest Activity

Featured
dead_left_knife_guy posted a discussion
3 hours ago
Michael Lee Bibbey posted a status
"Still collecting and working on knifes"
6 hours ago
J.J. Smith III commented on Mike Bryant's photo
yesterday
Mike Bryant posted photos
yesterday
George R Naugle commented on lou gerrick's group REMINGTON KNIFE CLUB
Wednesday
George R Naugle replied to Scott King's discussion What's your favorite old knife? in the group Vintage American Knives
Tuesday

KnifeMaker
Andy Larrison commented on Alexander Åhl's photo
Monday

KnifeMaker
Alexander Åhl commented on Alexander Åhl's photo
Monday

KnifeMaker
Andy Larrison commented on Alexander Åhl's photo
Monday

KnifeMaker
Andy Larrison replied to James McClendon's discussion Ball Bearing becomes a Bowie.
Monday

KnifeMaker
Andy Larrison commented on Tim's photo
Monday

KnifeMaker
James McClendon posted a discussion
Monday
Kevin D replied to dead_left_knife_guy's discussion Is Knives Illustrated Magazine Dead?
Sunday
J.J. Smith III replied to dead_left_knife_guy's discussion Is Knives Illustrated Magazine Dead?
Saturday

Featured
dead_left_knife_guy replied to dead_left_knife_guy's discussion Is Knives Illustrated Magazine Dead?
Saturday
J.J. Smith III left a comment for Philip Younavjak
Apr 20

Visit Lee' s Cutlery

KNIFE AUCTIONS

KNIFE MAGAZINE!!!

tsaknives.com

JSR Sports!

Click to visit

© 2024   Created by Jan Carter.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service