Welcome Home...THANK YOU FOR BEING A PART OF OUR COMMUNITY

My personal purchase next from Benchmade Knife Co. I think will be the Fixed blade bushcrafter 162 Siebert Design New to the line up this year

It has a high ground drop point polished finished blade, made from S30V stainless steel (An American made and developed premium grade stainless steel created for knife blades. Its a powder made steel with a uniform carbide distribution and clean steel properties. As a blade material it offers excellent corrosion resistance and excellent edge qualities)

Hand blended-contoured green G10 handles with red, held together with pressed titanium tubing.

and a beautiful brushed full grained leather buckskin sheath with a D ring flint rod loop and retention strap , My Grandfather would love this sheath!

9.20 inches long overall and Retails for $200.00

this will be my next benchmade knife, I intend to use it hunting, fishing, I may even wear it around the house if my wife Cherry don't look at me too funny LOL

Tell me what will be your next Benchmade Knife and why

Views: 375

Attachments:

Replies to This Discussion

Just bought a Mini Barrage model 585. Love the assisted opening Axis lock.

I hope my next purchase will be an auto axis lock like the Volli.

I mostly just play with the autos, but I carry the axis lock for edc...I own several.

It will probably be another Gold Class. I am waiting for one I like.
The Siebert bushcrafter is a stout knife, would make a fine edition to any collection.

I had the WARN Mini Barrage, but I traded it and a Green/Black Bone Collector for a Protech  Elishewitz Auto with Cocobolo handles. Kinda miss the WARN, it was a user. But I still have my 581.

Jess Cobb said:

I mostly just play with the autos, but I carry the axis lock for edc...I own several.

Hard to beat the Protech Autos. But I love the convenience, strength and functionality of the Axis lock. There is room in my collection for both.

Brad T. said:

I had the WARN Mini Barrage, but I traded it and a Green/Black Bone Collector for a Protech  Elishewitz Auto with Cocobolo handles. Kinda miss the WARN, it was a user. But I still have my 581.

Jess Cobb said:

I still have a 710, 810, 581 & 2 of my Gold Class knives have the Axis lock(Pardue & Osborne). Just not into the spring assist anymore. I carry the 810 & 710 more than any other knife.

Griptillian H2O. I work outside in the elements and also do a lot of salt water fishing. 

Because some threads should never die...

The 580-2 full sized Barrage with grey G-10 handle scales.  I've bought very few Benchmades in my life, for various reasons.  Price is definitely one of those reasons, but not the only one.  There was one Benchmade that I wanted quite a lot (can't recall the name, it was similar to the Emissary, but must be out of production now), but was known for the slippery handles (GFN, I believe). 

Benchmade also takes a lot of designs out of production.  I've missed a few Benchmades simply because they had gone out of production by the time I decided to finally drop the cash one them, & only found out they were impossible to find (or afford) only as I went shopping for it (the 53 Mangus being the prime example, and more than one of the full-sized models that they decided to only sell in the "mini" versions, like the full sized Loco).  And then there as that Blue Volli that I just couldn't afford while it was available, & knew I would regret not finding a financing option -- & I do. 

And then there's the slip-joint knives that I would buy in a heartbeat if they were locking knives (the Proper & the 318).  Also, there was that fixed-blade Bushcrafter mentioned in the title post -- I was deadset on buying that one but had the fortune of holding one at our locally based camping & trekking store Midwest Mountaineering -- & found out that the handle is simply too small for my hand (bummer!).

Thinking about all of this, though, is helping me to prioritize a list of Benchmade knives that I should prioritize, before they fall out of production.  Like the Bedlam, the Emissary 3.5, the Mini-Loco, & the Volli, the Crooked River, & the new Freek with the G10 scales (not yet released, but given my track record, I should start thinking about it now).  Cool...

I once owned a Benchmade Mini Griptillian with a partially serrated tanto blade. Due to an unfortunate porta-john incident, it was lost forever. Not because I couldnt find it, but because it was too icky to dive in after it. 

I replaced it with a Spyderco Manix 2 because I couldnt find another Benchmade knife that made my loins tingle.

Recently, I discovered the PROPPER 319. After researching (and fondleing,) i decided that it would be my next Benchmade.

I plan on getting it by the end of February.

I'm a bigger Benchmade fan today than ever before.  Here's my new 580-2 Barrage!

RSS

White River Knives

Latest Activity

Featured
dead_left_knife_guy posted a discussion
26 minutes ago
Michael Lee Bibbey posted a status
"Still collecting and working on knifes"
3 hours ago
J.J. Smith III commented on Mike Bryant's photo
21 hours ago
Mike Bryant posted photos
yesterday
George R Naugle commented on lou gerrick's group REMINGTON KNIFE CLUB
Wednesday
George R Naugle replied to Scott King's discussion What's your favorite old knife? in the group Vintage American Knives
Tuesday

KnifeMaker
Andy Larrison commented on Alexander Åhl's photo
Monday

KnifeMaker
Alexander Åhl commented on Alexander Åhl's photo
Monday

KnifeMaker
Andy Larrison commented on Alexander Åhl's photo
Monday

KnifeMaker
Andy Larrison replied to James McClendon's discussion Ball Bearing becomes a Bowie.
Monday

KnifeMaker
Andy Larrison commented on Tim's photo
Monday

KnifeMaker
James McClendon posted a discussion
Monday
Kevin D replied to dead_left_knife_guy's discussion Is Knives Illustrated Magazine Dead?
Sunday
J.J. Smith III replied to dead_left_knife_guy's discussion Is Knives Illustrated Magazine Dead?
Saturday

Featured
dead_left_knife_guy replied to dead_left_knife_guy's discussion Is Knives Illustrated Magazine Dead?
Saturday
J.J. Smith III left a comment for Philip Younavjak
Apr 20

Visit Lee' s Cutlery

KNIFE AUCTIONS

KNIFE MAGAZINE!!!

tsaknives.com

JSR Sports!

Click to visit

© 2024   Created by Jan Carter.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service