Welcome Home...THANK YOU FOR BEING A PART OF OUR COMMUNITY

Just watched the local news on TV .   The second item started,

"Over 200 weapons have been handed in to police in Birmingham as part of a month long knife amnesty"

The young lady then discussed the danger of having these "Blades on the street"

The emptying of the bin came next ,for some reason the bin had been filled with sand .  The contents I would guess were 40% kitchen knives and there was a grossly dangerous SAK in there as well .

Now I will admit that there was a Katana in that bin and at least one curvy blade "Fantasy" sort of knife , I would think that the local drug dealers will regret handing those in !

At least there is no chance of anyone going to the local shop to buy another kitchen knife to rob Joe Public.....is there . Oh I wonder what step comes next !!

Views: 137

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I went to sleep one night.  When I awoke, I was in a different world ... one I didn't recognize.  It's a shame "we" don't have a reset button!

Dennis you are so right !!

Dennis Hibar said:

I went to sleep one night.  When I awoke, I was in a different world ... one I didn't recognize.  It's a shame "we" don't have a reset button!

I said in the discussion above that the contents of the knife surrender bin was approx 40% kitchen knives and that appeared true . but in the short glimpse of the bin being emptied it could just as easily be 80/90% kitchen knives it wasn't easy to see.

What I fail to understand is what sort of people are surrendering kitchen knives , and what sort of hardened criminal sneaked into the police station undercover of darkness to surrender a SAK  !!!

Ron Cooper hasn't been out of the country recently has he .

Staffordshire Police launch month-long knife amnesty campaign Read ...

There is a video there that shows these scary objects

John,

I have a question, forgive my ignorance.  They have a theme, everywhere I look.  There is an increase in knife related injuries.  Have they looked to see how this correlates with removing other objects from the environment, causing knives to take the place?

I will admit Jan that in this country there is a problem with people stabbing other folk , it does happen rather more frequently than is desirable . Injuries involving firearms are infrequent but do happen just last weekend there was a domestic where three people were shot , I was given to believe that the shooter had no firearms certificate though I have no details .

I really don't think that police or politicians want to look to closely into the causes of violence in case they find that the cause and the solution is beyond their control .  Incidents happen and politicians are asked what they are going to do about it . I guess they can't say they are unable to stop greed ; stupidity and the desire to harm other people , so they always fall back on the idea of a knife amnesty . Get the knives off the streets they shout , and because in the UK knives are thought of as weapons then everyone agrees  . After all everyone wants to be safe so no one goes on to say "How can this make any sense people handing in kitchen knives that can be replaced easily and legally any time you wish "  Who is putting their kitchen knives in these bins and how can that make any difference to the crime statistics . The only way that could work was if criminals handed in their knives and didn't replace them , is this likely ?

Most people in this country would vehemently disagree with my opinion because "knives are bad" we are told so by the police and hardly anyone carries a knife now in fact that phrase is associated with having a weapon . In fact this is the only place where I could express these sort of opinions and am looked at , by the few people who know I like knives , as being peculiar for carrying a knife albeit a sub three inch slipjoint .

Ah well rant over this is what it has come to here and if I was in the States I would join the NRA as soon as possible along with any knife rights organisations I could find . When your rights are gone ,  they are gone .

Reply to Discussion

RSS

White River Knives

Latest Activity

Visit Lee' s Cutlery

KNIFE AUCTIONS

KNIFE MAGAZINE!!!

tsaknives.com

JSR Sports!

Click to visit

© 2024   Created by Jan Carter.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service