Welcome Home...THANK YOU FOR BEING A PART OF OUR COMMUNITY

The time has come to start the discussion on the 2014 iKC knife.  

I would again like to shoot for August/Sept delivery date.  Something to remember while we talk about this is that a short run of only 50 or so knives means we need to tie in with a maker that is already running a knife and tweak that one to make it our own.  The reason for this is most SFO's require a minimum order of 250 or more.  Also I would like to keep it less than $125.00 delivered to you.  I have some eyes checking out whats available at a factory or two but always love to hear your ideas.  Remember, this is YOUR knife 

Here is a pic of the official annual knives we have done so far

Tags: 2014, annual, club, iKC, knife

Views: 5132

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

That's all sweat. I ain't got enough hair left to create much oil!, Yes, I agree it looks pretty bad. I retired it several years back.

Sorry, Bob!

I just couldn't resist the opportunity to bust your chops. It's a swell looking hat and most fitting for the fine knife that Jan et al. have managed to get the group this year.

Cheers, my friend!

No problem Ron. I didn't take offense. Always like to hear from friends on iKC.

Paid and waiting.

While I love a good gunstock....I don't like this.

The lasered etc in the bone doesn't do it for me.

The Bone itself doesn't do it for me.

The Steel doesn't do it for me (I know both Case and Buck use it but I still think it's a step even below 8Cr13Mov and AUS8a steel so I'm not impressed.)

And the price combined with the above mentioned doesn't do it for me.

All just personal opinion and in no way "right or wrong". Just my preferences. Good luck all and I'm sure those who order will be happy with what they recieve.

Also hopefully we can get these in an August/September time frame. Well before the Holidays!

Alexander,

I am sorry to hear I hit so far off base for you :( 

We have sold 33 of the 50.  Tell your friends, this one is going fast!!!!!

Alex and Ivars, 

I actually paid for mine just so I can say I have 4 of the last 5 club knives.

$91.00 shipped (CONUS) is a deal I couldn't pass up.

Besides, 420 steel is enough for a knife this size. The laser etch on the handle means I can display this knife without having to open the blades.

Also it would be my 1st Gunstock model and I like the smooth bone. It reminds me of  the Rough Rider Tobacco bone. 

I could get a Gunstock with D2 blades and stag handles for $30+ more, but so could anybody else on the planet.

Only 50 people will have a knife like this. I will be one of them. 

I am more particular about knives costing more than $100. Only 2 of 3 criteria are needed for knives below that price point:

1. good looking knife
  2. desirable pattern
  3. showing pride for my Club.

This one just happen to hit all 3 criteria for me. Obviously it only hit one criteria for you guys. Maybe next year you guys will participate.

Cheers,

Brad 

I agree Brad! It's a club knife! Can't please everyone!

Hey, it works for me.

It sure does work for me too. There will always be folks who don't support our choice for community knife. That may change someday! And when we get over 200 who buy the knife we can direct what we want even better!

I don't blame you Brad, I dont'blame anyone if they like it.

But keep in mind that for me and Ivars you have to add another$15 or so for shipping, and then add 30% for VAT and import duties and that $90 starts getting real expensive really quick.

I heavily disagree with you on the steel though. Especially on a knife this size. In small knives you don't need toughness. And Toughness and Corrosion Resistance is what 420 steel excells at. In a small knife I want Edge Retention, not tougness.

So while this is a sub $100 knife for you....it's not for me. Therefore I'm a little bit more critical.

Brad T. said:

Alex and Ivars, 

I actually paid for mine just so I can say I have 4 of the last 5 club knives.

$91.00 shipped (CONUS) is a deal I couldn't pass up.

Besides, 420 steel is enough for a knife this size. The laser etch on the handle means I can display this knife without having to open the blades.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

White River Knives

Latest Activity

Visit Lee' s Cutlery

KNIFE AUCTIONS

KNIFE MAGAZINE!!!

tsaknives.com

JSR Sports!

Click to visit

© 2024   Created by Jan Carter.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service