Welcome Home...THANK YOU FOR BEING A PART OF OUR COMMUNITY

The time has come to start the discussion on the 2014 iKC knife.  

I would again like to shoot for August/Sept delivery date.  Something to remember while we talk about this is that a short run of only 50 or so knives means we need to tie in with a maker that is already running a knife and tweak that one to make it our own.  The reason for this is most SFO's require a minimum order of 250 or more.  Also I would like to keep it less than $125.00 delivered to you.  I have some eyes checking out whats available at a factory or two but always love to hear your ideas.  Remember, this is YOUR knife 

Here is a pic of the official annual knives we have done so far

Tags: 2014, annual, club, iKC, knife

Views: 5132

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Alexander,

I agree the added shipping a VAT costs make these club knives difficult for our old world cousins and it makes me sad that you can't enjoy these as we do here.

But as I stated in my original message, a knife must "tick" the right boxes. Everybody has different boxes to work with. 

Once again, hopefully you and Ivars can participate next year.

Cheers.

Alexander Noot said:

I don't blame you Brad, I dont'blame anyone if they like it.

But keep in mind that for me and Ivars you have to add another$15 or so for shipping, and then add 30% for VAT and import duties and that $90 starts getting real expensive really quick.

I heavily disagree with you on the steel though. Especially on a knife this size. In small knives you don't need toughness. And Toughness and Corrosion Resistance is what 420 steel excells at. In a small knife I want Edge Retention, not tougness.

So while this is a sub $100 knife for you....it's not for me. Therefore I'm a little bit more critical.

Brad T. said:

Alex and Ivars, 

I actually paid for mine just so I can say I have 4 of the last 5 club knives.

$91.00 shipped (CONUS) is a deal I couldn't pass up.

Besides, 420 steel is enough for a knife this size. The laser etch on the handle means I can display this knife without having to open the blades.

With this years knife, I will have 4 out of 5 club knives. They are all in my collection and are not users. So the type of steel really doesn't matter that much to me.

I'll bet that out of the 50 are so knives that are sold each year, there's not that many complete or almost complete Unused Sets, left out there. This makes them rarer and more collectable. That's just fine with me, after all I'm a Knife Collector, aint I. Our club and Miss Jan, are offering this highly collectable knife each year. I think that's kind of special, after all this is IKnifeCollector Club.

I totally agree Robert! I believe I'm missing one also. But do have a couple of the knives made by a Group in iKC.

Here's what I have.

Wow Max, you have more than me. The sets are going to get more collectable as time goes by.

I've been looking for that one from AG. Russell.

Max McGruder said:

I totally agree Robert! I believe I'm missing one also. But do have a couple of the knives made by a Group in iKC.

Here's what I have.

The A.G.Russell was a gift and a total surprise!!

I would have liked to join in on this even though the import duties put $30 on the price plus shipping. The main reason for holding back is that I have ordered a Schatt and Morgan Gunstock and need to ease off for a month or two, have bought 3 knives in the last month.

I've got all the "club knives", so far. Don't have either of the "group knives".
I've used one of my Geppetto whittlers, do the percentage of unused versions is less than the initial run now.

Robert Burris said:

With this years knife, I will have 4 out of 5 club knives. They are all in my collection and are not users. So the type of steel really doesn't matter that much to me.

I'll bet that out of the 50 are so knives that are sold each year, there's not that many complete or almost complete Unused Sets, left out there. This makes them rarer and more collectable. That's just fine with me, after all I'm a Knife Collector, aint I. Our club and Miss Jan, are offering this highly collectable knife each year. I think that's kind of special, after all this is IKnifeCollector Club.

I have these now and the gunstock will be 4. I would like to add the AG Russell from 2010.

So would I Brad.....so would I.

The support from everyone in iKC has been wonderful.  We have 15 knives left

I hate that anything we send to our friends outside of the US gets this kind of cost increase.  I cannot even send Hatpins without additional cost, it is horrible

I agree, Miss Jan, that's unfair that some have to pay so much more. I think the law was made to help local companies in their area but if there is no other source for an item, I think the law just hurts people.  

Reply to Discussion

RSS

White River Knives

Visit Lee' s Cutlery

KNIFE AUCTIONS

KNIFE MAGAZINE!!!

tsaknives.com

JSR Sports!

Click to visit

© 2024   Created by Jan Carter.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service