Welcome Home...THANK YOU FOR BEING A PART OF OUR COMMUNITY

The time has come to start the discussion on the 2014 iKC knife.  

I would again like to shoot for August/Sept delivery date.  Something to remember while we talk about this is that a short run of only 50 or so knives means we need to tie in with a maker that is already running a knife and tweak that one to make it our own.  The reason for this is most SFO's require a minimum order of 250 or more.  Also I would like to keep it less than $125.00 delivered to you.  I have some eyes checking out whats available at a factory or two but always love to hear your ideas.  Remember, this is YOUR knife 

Here is a pic of the official annual knives we have done so far

Tags: 2014, annual, club, iKC, knife

Views: 5132

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

what ever we do I'de love to see the scales done in mammoth bark by queen,the barlow or scout

OH LORD!! Swingguard! I might be into that!

There are several vendors watching the discussion Ivars

I like that Early GEC Barlow too, Ivars. The bolster could have IKC on it. A special handle material would be nice to. A creamy white bone handle might be in our price range and look great too.

I love a good Barlow patterned knife and wouldn't mind seeing one made by the Daniel's family. Perhaps one bearing the Schatt & Morgan banner with a Keystone shield?

Just to give folks an idea of the size difference between a Queen Barlow and a GEC Barlow I am posting an old pic with 3 of my Barlow knives posed next to each other ~ A Queen made Robeson and two GEC Northfields.

The Robeson on the left is 3.5" versus the 3.00" GEC Barlows on the right. My preference would be for the slightly larger Barlow. That half of an inch really makes a big difference when you're holding one of these knives in your hand. Don't get me wrong. I really like these older (2008) GEC Barlows. But I love the Queen made Robeson!

Here are a couple more shots of the Queen made Robeson...

I would love to see the Daniel's family make us something similar with a Wharncliffe master blade and a Clip Point secondary of equal length. It would be like having two master blades. That would be my Dream Barlow! 

Regardless of the pattern that we ultimately choose, I would hope to see it made by Queen! They came through for us this year and I think we can all agree that Queen made knives equal quality. That's my unsolicited .02¢ 

BTW, The Robeson is torched bone stag and the black GEC is buffalo horn and the other GEC is burnt stag.

That stag Northfield is hiding something...

Is this what you're talking about, J.J.?

OH YEAH!!! It's a Wharnie!!!

Yep.  I love it, but I wouldn't push for another wharnie, so close to the 2012 Geppetto.  HOWEVER, I certainly wouldn't stand in the way of it being the 2014 knife either.

Just sayin.

That's some real nice Barlow's you have there, Ivars. I like them a lot. I collect Barlow's also. Almost all of mine are vintage ones. A Barlow would be just fine with me for this years IKC knife. A Barlow is a pattern that is a lot more collectable than some other patterns.

a Canal street fixed blade would be sweeet. or a tuna anything if you can get the price right.i havnt seen a tuna that i didnt like...:-}~   or.... a gec barlow ?as a few have said already..maybe a 2 blade?

My vote would be for a barlow as well- 3 1/2 inches would be just about perfect-Handles should be something natural, whether, wood, bone, or stag- I have heard great things about GEC and Tuna , but don't own one yet to know the quality. A well-made Queen would suit me just fine !!.

I agree with Steve, I would like a stockman, with bone or stag handles.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

White River Knives

Visit Lee' s Cutlery

KNIFE AUCTIONS

KNIFE MAGAZINE!!!

tsaknives.com

JSR Sports!

Click to visit

© 2024   Created by Jan Carter.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service