Welcome Home...THANK YOU FOR BEING A PART OF OUR COMMUNITY

The Foresight knife is a design by the legendary Ken Onion, designer of so many great knives.It features a handle with finger grooves that make it easy to grab and actually fit a variety of sizes. I know that because I asked several people of varying stature to hold the knife. It is an aluminum handle that is cold forged and sturdy. This is a drop point blade and you can purchase the knife with AUS8 in either a partial serrated edge or plain. Make no mistake this is a big knife. It weighs 6.5 ounces and measures over 8.75".

It just feels substantial. The knife has a black titanium nitride finish. Look at the large rounded belly of the knife. Some serious cutting edge there and the grind comes to a sharp pointy tip. Look also at the curve of the top part of the knife, plenty of room for a thumb in a standard grip with a slight assist from that clip.

The action of the knife is driven by CRKT's IKBS and has a smooth quick opening action. If you are in a situation and need fast, one handed deployment of the blade, this knife and opening mechanism will not fail you. The flipper is a manageable size and upon deployment the blade is snapped into position and held in place solidly.

The knife also has a small clip located near the top of the knife that allows you to hold the knife on a belt  or on clothing. It is not movable.

It would be entirely appropriate for this knife to be used by a professional, a service provider who serves the public good in some capacity.  Take a look here at the thickness of the blade at the spine:

Its very rigid and strong and runs along almost the entire top of the knife coming to a taper at the point. The knife available for some time now and won the "Imported Knife Of The Year Award” at this years'  Blade Show.

Finally I just want to say a few words about CRKT. Here at iKnife Collector we come into contact with lots of knife companies, dealers and others involved in the business end of cutlery. Our team here at iKC has had a chance to speak with some of the people at CRKT and they are as committed and friendly a group of people that you will find anywhere. They have genuine interest in what you think about their knives and are willing to not just meet demand but listen and respond to what people want. They are innovators, but along the way they indeed know its you the user/collector they serve.

Appreciate your comments.

Tags: CRKT, Foresight, IKBS, Ken, Onion.Blade, Show, aluminum

Views: 1467

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Nice review!!

I've always liked my CRKT knives. The only problem is, I've gotten away from tactical type knives and have gone back home to traditionals. I need to try one of their traditional models.

Thank you so much Craig, I would recommend one of their new traditional line as I have heard positive comments concerning them. By all means if you get one let us know or write a review of your own!

Craig Henry said:

Nice review!!

I've always liked my CRKT knives. The only problem is, I've gotten away from tactical type knives and have gone back home to traditionals. I need to try one of their traditional models.

Good review Steve.  CRKT is a great company for sure.  I personally love their product.

Hog,

I like that review and I appreciate your taking the time to share with us.  CRKT was the first in the tactical line we ever tried and I carry one today.  The company folks are truly interested in what we think about their products.  They are among the most customer oriented companies I deal with.

Question about the clip, it appears a little small for the size and weight of the knife, any issues with that?

Thank you Clint, the more I learn about them the more I like and understand them.

Clint Thompson said:

Good review Steve.  CRKT is a great company for sure.  I personally love their product.

Thanks Jan I appreciate your comments. They are indeed customer oriented and a fun company too, take a look at that Pumpkin carving contest they are sponsoring.

On the pocket clip, it is small but I assure you it holds on to what you clip it to. It does kind of form a rest for your thumb with a top grip.  The only thing I have heard as a negative is the pocket clip is not movable to accommodate a change to either tip up or tip down carry depending on your preference.

Jan Carter said:

Hog,

I like that review and I appreciate your taking the time to share with us.  CRKT was the first in the tactical line we ever tried and I carry one today.  The company folks are truly interested in what we think about their products.  They are among the most customer oriented companies I deal with.

Question about the clip, it appears a little small for the size and weight of the knife, any issues with that?

Hog, I love CRKT. I just wish they'd upgrade their steels on some of their designs.

I had a CRKT H.U.G. at one point that was one of my favourite knives. But the thing would go dull if you looked at it crosswise. If they brought out a nicer version of that I'd buy it in a heartbeat. Even looked for the custom version of it but I never found one.

AUS8a should be decent though.

Good to know on that clip Hog Thanks.

The pumpkin carving contest sounds like fun!

Steve"Hog"Hanner said:

Thanks Jan I appreciate your comments. They are indeed customer oriented and a fun company too, take a look at that Pumpkin carving contest they are sponsoring.

On the pocket clip, it is small but I assure you it holds on to what you clip it to. It does kind of form a rest for your thumb with a top grip.  The only thing I have heard as a negative is the pocket clip is not movable to accommodate a change to either tip up or tip down carry depending on your preference.

Jan Carter said:

Hog,

As I said you have to give them some credit for being innovative and in the long run listening to customers is a great way to give them what they want. The Foresight is a great example of improvement in process.

Alexander Noot said:

Hog, I love CRKT. I just wish they'd upgrade their steels on some of their designs.

I had a CRKT H.U.G. at one point that was one of my favourite knives. But the thing would go dull if you looked at it crosswise. If they brought out a nicer version of that I'd buy it in a heartbeat. Even looked for the custom version of it but I never found one.

The AUS8 is a good steel.  I have several knives with AUS8 and I am carrying one now.  The only thing I can think of is just because it says AUS8 does not mean it is.  CRKT has been victimized for years with knockoff going all over the world.  I found them in the market in As Sulaymaniyah Iraq in a blister package and all.  I have seen them on eBay in the regulation boxes.  I reported this to CRKT who has a full-time person who investigates the counterfeiting.  Don't give up on CRKT as they put out great products.

Alexander Noot said:

CRKT has some great designers contributing to them. My issue is origin of manufacturing, I don't mind the knives out of Japan, but I can't justify to myself buying one made in the ROC.

Even now I have concerns about pricing from Japan manufacturers, since Japan has increased tarrifs on steel exports twice this year. A Spyderco Military Digicam Black that cost $185 in February is now $245, those increases aren't the knife companies being greedy.

Brad...

There are many downfalls by having your knives being made overseas...including the counterfeiting problems CRKT has. Gerber and several other knife companies who have their knives made in China have the counterfeiting problem. When I reported the counterfeiting to Gerber they didn't seem to be too alarmed.  To each their own.  The only way we can show our displeasure is by not buying any products from those countries.  I personally like most of the Japanese made knives.

Brad T said:

CRKT has some great designers contributing to them. My issue is origin of manufacturing, I don't mind the knives out of Japan, but I can't justify to myself buying one made in the ROC.

Even now I have concerns about pricing from Japan manufacturers, since Japan has increased tarrifs on steel exports twice this year. A Spyderco Military Digicam Black that cost $185 in February is now $245, those increases aren't the knife companies being greedy.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

White River Knives

Visit Lee' s Cutlery

KNIFE AUCTIONS

KNIFE MAGAZINE!!!

tsaknives.com

JSR Sports!

Click to visit

© 2024   Created by Jan Carter.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service