Welcome Home...THANK YOU FOR BEING A PART OF OUR COMMUNITY

Win a Free Ocoee River Vagabond (Hobo) !!! How to win!

Some General Guidelines.

1.  You’re getting a free knife, if you win!  You might even get two or three knives depending on my mood!
  2. I will pay for domestic postage and up to $10 of international postage.  If postage is more than $10 the rest is on your shoulders.
  3. You are expected to post at least a short review of the item(s) if you win.  Pictures would be great but your opinion of the item(s) is wanted. This will help me decide on future give-aways.
  4. Read all the instructions, especially the stuff the bold face type!

Okay now for how to enter:

Please answer the four questions below to the best of your abilities by Sunday, April 19, 2015. There is no right or wrong answer. If you submit an answer, your name will be entered into a drawing and your name will be drawn randomly.  All members of Knife Pattern Collectors as of April 17, 2015 are eligible to win except for me! I will draw the winning name on Monday April 20, 2015.

You must answer the four questions in this discussion!  Answers must be posted here -- within this discussion!

Simply replying to the thread does not constitute an entry.   You must answer the questions!  Your name will only be entered once regardless of how many times you answer the questions.  But if  you do not answer the questions I will assume that you do not wish to participate in the drawing. 

All names will be placed in a hat, and the winner will be drawn from the hat. The drawing results are final.  If the winner is decides for one reason or another not to take the prize, then a second drawing will take place.  The winner will receive the knife pictured and possibly other items that will fit in the box.

And now for the three questions

1)      What is (are) your everyday carry knife (knives)

2)      What is your favorite traditional pattern folder

3)      What is your favorite knife brand

4)      What is your favorite pattern of fixed blade knife

Feel free to include pictures of your favorite patterns and your EDCs.  While they will not increase your chance of winning the prize it will improve the quality of the discussion!

Views: 1413

Replies to This Discussion

Touché Brian.  And I really did enjoy your entire entry.  I can't wait to see images of some of your repaired knives!

1. Cold steel Gunsite Tanto, CRKT M16-13, SAK ALOX Pioneer

2. For utility the Stockman – for beauty the Trapper

3. CRKT

4. Japanese Tanto – not the American Tanto

keeping up with the fixed blade topic, here is a pic of my favorite tracker. i find it to be a very usefull fixed blade.i havnt used this one yet, my old one is now in the hands of my oldest son.. so i cant put its picture up...but it has alot of use on it. this one might soon enough tho.

That knife is a beast, Jeff!  (not to mention gorgeous!)

lol..yes, it has attitude for sure. the blade design is quite practicle tho.. my old one had a true sharpened back edge, where this one is false.. but it does have a very minor sawback.. i have seen these with an agressive saw back tho. i will take some more pics, it has some file work on back and handle. quite pretty. thankyou.

I'm fairly new to knife collecting (as opposed to just carrying whatever) so I'm still figuring this out.  So things change frequently.  But the following has been stable for a while now.

1. on my belt, I've been carrying either this Chambriard Thiers Compact (love the Curly Birch)

or this Schatt & Morgan Heritage Jack:

In my pocket, I either have a Rough Rider peanut, small stockman or more likely this Queen abalone peanut:

2. Hard to narrow down but I like both the stockman and a nice old teardrop jack.

3. Queen/S&M

4. I love the drop point hunter and am looking for one that tickles my fancy.

-ds

Those are some beautiful knives, Dave!

Stick with it Syd - the rest of us can assist you with the photo thing if you need help!
Syd Carr said:

Ok, here goes. No photos as I am still trying to figure out the format here, it's not like most forums I frequent.

!. Favorite EDC: varies, but usually a Case Russlock of one flavor or another, (in a horizontal carry sheath on the belt), but also usually carry a Trapper in a belt sheath too, with a 3 1/2" Congress in my watch/change pocket. If wearing boots that day I usually also have a small Tactical clipped inside my boot.

2. Favorite traditional folder: Trapper.

3. Favorite brand: Case, (Buck a close second).

4. Favorite fixed blade pattern: Skinner, (like my 1926 Kinfolks K380).

great knives dave

Name dropper! Geez....how do I compete with these beautiful pieces? Nice Dave!

Dave Steiner said:

I'm fairly new to knife collecting (as opposed to just carrying whatever) so I'm still figuring this out.  So things change frequently.  But the following has been stable for a while now.

1. on my belt, I've been carrying either this Chambriard Thiers Compact (love the Curly Birch)

or this Schatt & Morgan Heritage Jack:

In my pocket, I either have a Rough Rider peanut, small stockman or more likely this Queen abalone peanut:

2. Hard to narrow down but I like both the stockman and a nice old teardrop jack.

3. Queen/S&M

4. I love the drop point hunter and am looking for one that tickles my fancy.

-ds

Thanks, I think I got that figured out. Unfortunately my digi camera is a 10+ yr old 5mpx, and I don't have a smartphone with a decent camera, so I'll just have to make do with imperfect photos. At least I know now how to post those imperfect photos.

This forum's format is a little different than the other various forums that I participate in, (three knife forums, two RC modeling forums, two reptile forums), but once I learn the ropes here I'll be around. I just posted photos on my blog about my yard sale finds from earlier today, and despite their poor quality they showed up where they were supposed to. That post is showing a message on top that says something about "waiting for approval", and I don't know what that's all about, but since I didn't use any of George Carlin's 7 dirty words on that post, I assume it will be "approved" and on the blog stream soon.

Lars Ray said:

Stick with it Syd - the rest of us can assist you with the photo thing if you need help!
Syd Carr said:

Ok, here goes. No photos as I am still trying to figure out the format here, it's not like most forums I frequent.

!. Favorite EDC: varies, but usually a Case Russlock of one flavor or another, (in a horizontal carry sheath on the belt), but also usually carry a Trapper in a belt sheath too, with a 3 1/2" Congress in my watch/change pocket. If wearing boots that day I usually also have a small Tactical clipped inside my boot.

2. Favorite traditional folder: Trapper.

3. Favorite brand: Case, (Buck a close second).

4. Favorite fixed blade pattern: Skinner, (like my 1926 Kinfolks K380).

1. The knife I have been carrying in my purse for the last year and half is a multi purpose knife with a little light on it. It is silver and there is no name on it that I can find other than stainless and China.

2. I don't have a favorite one.

3. Case and Smith and Wesson so far

4. Again I don't have a favorite one, there are so many different patterns I like, depends on my mode when I see them.

This is the latest knife I bought:

RSS

White River Knives

Visit Lee' s Cutlery

KNIFE AUCTIONS

KNIFE MAGAZINE!!!

tsaknives.com

JSR Sports!

Click to visit

© 2024   Created by Jan Carter.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service