Welcome Home...THANK YOU FOR BEING A PART OF OUR COMMUNITY

As seen on TV. Knives sold on Cutlery Corner Network and/or KnivesLive TV and/or Tactical Knives TV..

I'm finally taking the plunge.  We all seem to discuss these two shows (good or bad) but I'd like to hear about some of the knives sold on the shows and also comments about the shows.   

I bring this up at the moment because I saw this knife on Cutlery Corner that was made by Elk Ridge that Cutlery Corner called the "Ghost Hunter".  I'm thinking it had a glow in the dark handle.   It was part of Speed Zone.  As per usual both Tom O'Dell and Todd Boone were scant on details.  I'm hoping someone here knows more than the hosts did.

As I only have one Elk Ridge knife (a small toothpick) but have been thinking about buying an upswept fixed blade skinner by them; I'm wondering if anyone has thoughts about the brand.

Here is my one Elk Ridge knife:

3.5 inch (closed) Rebel Toothpick. Not bad for $7.00

Views: 4814

Replies to This Discussion

Thanks for the clarification on United. I know about the relationship Kevin Pipes and Jim Frost have. Clint Kadel has the United brand along with the Timberwolf brand. I have a few United knives that seem alright, just overpriced a little bit sometimes.

Tobias Gibson said:

Hi Billy.   Camillus is not owned by United Cutlery but Acme United.  Acme United is a large conglomerate that owns Wescott, Clauss, Physicians Care, Camillus and Western to name of few..  They bought Camillus in an effort to expand into  outdoor cutlery  Their other lines of cutlery are primarily  gardening tools and surgical instruments.

United Cutlery owns the Hibbens brands as well as Kit Rae and United.  I think the main connection with United and SMKW is Kevin Pipes, current owner of SMKW and former president of United Cutlery.

I think the reason you're seeing the occasional RR, Marbles, and now Colt's on Cultery Corner is this is old stock that SMKW is trying to move.  You see the same thing happen occasionally on SMKW with older Hen & Roosters and Kissing Cranes.   

While it is true that Jim Frost (Cutlery Corner)  and Kevin Pipes (SMKW) are fierce competitors, they are also friends.

over priced!  Yeah, I agree with that opinion.

Billy Oneale said:

Thanks for the clarification on United. I know about the relationship Kevin Pipes and Jim Frost have. Clint Kadel has the United brand along with the Timberwolf brand. I have a few United knives that seem alright, just overpriced a little bit sometimes.

RSS

White River Knives

Latest Activity

Kevin D replied to dead_left_knife_guy's discussion Blade HQ has FREE SHIPPING through 4/27 or 4/28
3 hours ago

Featured
dead_left_knife_guy posted a discussion
8 hours ago
Michael Lee Bibbey posted a status
"Still collecting and working on knifes"
11 hours ago
J.J. Smith III commented on Mike Bryant's photo
yesterday
Mike Bryant posted photos
Wednesday
George R Naugle commented on lou gerrick's group REMINGTON KNIFE CLUB
Wednesday
George R Naugle replied to Scott King's discussion What's your favorite old knife? in the group Vintage American Knives
Tuesday

KnifeMaker
Andy Larrison commented on Alexander Åhl's photo
Monday

KnifeMaker
Alexander Åhl commented on Alexander Åhl's photo
Monday

KnifeMaker
Andy Larrison commented on Alexander Åhl's photo
Monday

KnifeMaker
Andy Larrison replied to James McClendon's discussion Ball Bearing becomes a Bowie.
Monday

KnifeMaker
Andy Larrison commented on Tim's photo
Monday

KnifeMaker
James McClendon posted a discussion
Monday
Kevin D replied to dead_left_knife_guy's discussion Is Knives Illustrated Magazine Dead?
Sunday
J.J. Smith III replied to dead_left_knife_guy's discussion Is Knives Illustrated Magazine Dead?
Apr 20

Featured
dead_left_knife_guy replied to dead_left_knife_guy's discussion Is Knives Illustrated Magazine Dead?
Apr 20

Visit Lee' s Cutlery

KNIFE AUCTIONS

KNIFE MAGAZINE!!!

tsaknives.com

JSR Sports!

Click to visit

© 2024   Created by Jan Carter.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service