Welcome Home...THANK YOU FOR BEING A PART OF OUR COMMUNITY

Blades larger than standard fixed and folding knives. In other words, the top 90% or more of all the knives in use..

***********************************OUR NEWEST SPONSOR******************************************************

Grand Opening Give Drawing!

December 13, 2019|Special Offers

I'll be giving away a couple of items for the Grand Opening of Trestle Pine Knives.  It's also Christmas so it's a win win no matter how you look at it!  All you have to do is subscribe to the Trestle Pine Blog or create an account.  Either of these actions will increase your eligibility for future drawings or specials.

For the Grand Opening by opening an account you become eligible to win either a Marble's Mini-Ax OR an Helle Algonquin neck knife.  The drawing will be held on New Years Eve so you have some time to get your name in.  Grand Opening Give Away Drawing!

Tags: &, (and, Adzes, Axes, Cleavers, Kukris, Machetes, Saws, Tomahawks, Ulus)

Views: 3570

Replies to This Discussion

Comment by Robert Burris on June 26, 2012 at 9:14
The American Indian thought that the Tomahawk was the best hand to hand fighting weapon there was. Most would not be photografed without their Tomahawk.

Comment by Clint Thompson on June 21, 2012 at 9:41

I did an article about tactical tomahawks and the Viet Nam one in particular.  I love this tool/weapon.  The original company which started the tactical Hawk in Viet Nam still makes this Hawk.  The Viet Nam Hawk was never issued to any one military unit then or now.  LRRP units were reported to being issued these Hawks but in fact they were  not.  I checked this out and interviewed former LRRP soldiers and to the man they never saw one or heard of one anywhere. 

Possibly 40 or 50 were used by soldiers in one company by their own design.  Hawks are used as tools by armor units and are carried in the respective vehicles.  They are just too heavy to be carried on foot patrol.  One Hawk equals two mags of ammo.  I will take the ammo every time.  In a foxhole, trench or defending a fixed position would be its best use as a weapon.

Comment by Jeremi Lett on April 28, 2012 at 20:56

Comment by Andy Voelkle "AxeMan" on April 28, 2012 at 18:55

Mr. Lett not only knows when to use a fine, heavy knife like a hand axe, he has the commendable good taste in his enthusiastic hollowing of America's favorite melon! Yo, bubba! I'm off to the farmers' market tomorrow, in hopes of re-enacting this solemn ceremony.

Comment by Jeremi Lett on April 28, 2012 at 3:21

I think the CRKT Hisshou qualifies here...

Comment by Clint Thompson on March 22, 2012 at 9:13

Yes you can ware yourself out quickly using a tomahawk to chop wood but I understand the workout.

Comment by Jeremi Lett on March 22, 2012 at 1:22

I just got urge to chop stuff with SOG Tomahawk and a couple of my Franken Axes just to relieve some pent up energy and after my arms got sore I stopped chopping the big block o wood

Comment by Jeremi Lett on January 7, 2012 at 22:10

Comment by Robert Burris on December 7, 2011 at 9:59

Thanks Clint, those look good.

Comment by Jan Carter on December 6, 2011 at 20:30

Some good deals there Clint

Comment by Clint Thompson on December 6, 2011 at 12:39

Robert...

Check out this site for a draw knife.    http://ahturf.com/store/index.php?route=product/category&path=2261

I have one from my great grand father.  My Dad has it now as he works with wood and has used this draw knife from time to time.

Also, I find these at flea and antiques/collectable shows.

Comment by Robert Burris on December 6, 2011 at 11:56

I see he used a draw knife, has any used one or even own one? I have been thing of getting one to work on staffs. I see some vintage ones for sale on eBay.

Comment by Jan Carter on November 28, 2011 at 19:08

Andy,

In watching it he did do a D U lap and then I only saw him straighten when it would help the log settle.  It truely was amazing to watch him with only the tools he brought.  More amazing was building the Cache on stilts

Comment by Jan Carter on November 27, 2011 at 19:16

There are the tools he used in the video of the cabin making Proenneke's Hand Tools

RSS

White River Knives

Latest Activity

George R Naugle commented on lou gerrick's group REMINGTON KNIFE CLUB
10 hours ago
George R Naugle replied to Scott King's discussion What's your favorite old knife? in the group Vintage American Knives
11 hours ago
Kevin D replied to dead_left_knife_guy's discussion Blade HQ has FREE SHIPPING through 4/27 or 4/28
yesterday

Featured
dead_left_knife_guy posted a discussion
yesterday
Michael Lee Bibbey posted a status
"Still collecting and working on knifes"
yesterday
J.J. Smith III commented on Mike Bryant's photo
Thursday
Mike Bryant posted photos
Wednesday
George R Naugle commented on lou gerrick's group REMINGTON KNIFE CLUB
Wednesday
George R Naugle replied to Scott King's discussion What's your favorite old knife? in the group Vintage American Knives
Tuesday

KnifeMaker
Andy Larrison commented on Alexander Åhl's photo
Monday

KnifeMaker
Alexander Åhl commented on Alexander Åhl's photo
Monday

KnifeMaker
Andy Larrison commented on Alexander Åhl's photo
Monday

KnifeMaker
Andy Larrison replied to James McClendon's discussion Ball Bearing becomes a Bowie.
Monday

KnifeMaker
Andy Larrison commented on Tim's photo
Monday

KnifeMaker
James McClendon posted a discussion
Monday
Kevin D replied to dead_left_knife_guy's discussion Is Knives Illustrated Magazine Dead?
Apr 20

Visit Lee' s Cutlery

KNIFE AUCTIONS

KNIFE MAGAZINE!!!

tsaknives.com

JSR Sports!

Click to visit

© 2024   Created by Jan Carter.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service