Welcome Home...THANK YOU FOR BEING A PART OF OUR COMMUNITY

One of my favorite brands is Camillus.  The company was known as the Knife Makers' Knife Maker because of how many companies cam to them to meet production needs.  Buck, W.R. Case & Sons and Remington are just three of the big name companies who relied on Camillus for knife patterns.  Numerous stores also relied on the Camillus Factory for their cutlery needs.  Camillus made just about everything but what they are probably best known for is Military knives and Boy Scouts of America Knives.  I'm sure just about has something made by Camillus.  Here's a coupl of mine.  My Camillus Mark 2 fighting knife.   A single owner affair that was my EDC while in the Army.

Views: 6963

Replies to This Discussion

That is a great deal and a beuatiful knife.  Those scales are outstanding Tobias

yea ain't seem boy scout like few down here,nice looking,thanks tom

I recently sent an email to the "New Camillus" inquiring where there knives are now being made.  I was unsure if they were made in Taiwan or PRC.  This was there reply:

Thanks for your e-mail!  Many of our knives are currently being manufactured in China with Japanese Steel and under a high level of quality control.  In the very near future, we will be launching a new line of fixed blade knives made in the USA.  Stay tuned to our website for details!

Regards,
The Camillus Team
www.camillusknives.com
find us on facebook!

So there you have it.  Acme United is also going to bring some production back to the USA. Hopefully that will include some of the new Les Stroud products that are in the works.

I sure hope they do.

WOOOOHOOOO.  Another USA made knife coming home, Now that is exciting, Thank you Tobias for sharing the news.  Can't wait to see what they decide on

That Abalone is amazing and what a great deal.  Sometimes it good to bid a small amount if you if you think its a sows ear!!

Here is my latest addition to my very small Camillus collection. I bought this one on ebay.

I think I saw that.  Fortunately for both us, my Paypal is empty or we would've been in a bidding war.

That is a great Knife Billy.  The tang is exceptionally clear and it just has those good old bone handles that fit so well in the hand.  Tobias, sorry you missed that one but a bidding war would not have been good LOL

My latest Find.  I was the the Calumet Council BSA headquarters (Munster, Indiana) and took a peak at their knives.  Almost all  Chinese made Taylor brands.  But then I saw this little Beauty:  The Camillus made "Leader's Classic Knife."  Call it a half whittler or pen knife,    Main clip and secondary pen blade.  440 Stainless (no blade etch)  stainless back spring, brass pins, liners and spacer.  Nickel Silver Bolster, jigged brown comp handle and badge BSA shield.  Got it at list ($23).  Complete with box and knife care insert.

WOW! It sounds like you made off like a bandit on that one. Nice looking knife.

The new Camillus USA made knives are featured on page 22 of the latest SMKW catalog!  They look pretty good.  All blades 1095 carbon steel

RSS

White River Knives

Visit Lee' s Cutlery

KNIFE AUCTIONS

KNIFE MAGAZINE!!!

tsaknives.com

JSR Sports!

Click to visit

© 2024   Created by Jan Carter.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service