Welcome Home...THANK YOU FOR BEING A PART OF OUR COMMUNITY

C F Wolfertz Allentown PA top and Wilbert Cutlery Co by Paul S "Banana"

These two antique knives from about 1910 may be made by the same manufacturer...possibly Empire in Winstead Connecticut (USA). The type of knife is often called a Banana. The small difference in the size of the pull(opening assistance slot) on the plade

Views: 288

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Great looking knives!

Thankyou Michael A Losicco.  You can't  hope for anything much more with these two knives.  I have a mixed collection of hunters-lock backs, coke bottles, also a lot of Canal Street Cutlery (contemporary)  fixed blades, etc.  Also some classic and contemporary Sunfish; Daddy Barlows, and Barlows.  Not all are shown in my photo gallery. 

Paul S

Hi Paul, what about my question about the Hawk and Barlow being for sale?? Mike 

Michael,

Nothing I have here is for sale. Some of my knives are from the golden age of knife collecting. Ones preserved over the years show respect to those who took pride in their hand work.  The pictures here show detail that the older reference books could not.  One may wonder if the older crafts people from companies such as Napanoch had workers who knew that their knives would last through time. 

Paul S 

Reply to Discussion

RSS

White River Knives

Latest Activity

Kevin D replied to dead_left_knife_guy's discussion Blade HQ has FREE SHIPPING through 4/27 or 4/28
1 hour ago

Featured
dead_left_knife_guy posted a discussion
6 hours ago
Michael Lee Bibbey posted a status
"Still collecting and working on knifes"
9 hours ago
J.J. Smith III commented on Mike Bryant's photo
yesterday
Mike Bryant posted photos
yesterday
George R Naugle commented on lou gerrick's group REMINGTON KNIFE CLUB
Wednesday
George R Naugle replied to Scott King's discussion What's your favorite old knife? in the group Vintage American Knives
Tuesday

KnifeMaker
Andy Larrison commented on Alexander Åhl's photo
Monday

KnifeMaker
Alexander Åhl commented on Alexander Åhl's photo
Monday

KnifeMaker
Andy Larrison commented on Alexander Åhl's photo
Monday

KnifeMaker
Andy Larrison replied to James McClendon's discussion Ball Bearing becomes a Bowie.
Monday

KnifeMaker
Andy Larrison commented on Tim's photo
Monday

KnifeMaker
James McClendon posted a discussion
Monday
Kevin D replied to dead_left_knife_guy's discussion Is Knives Illustrated Magazine Dead?
Sunday
J.J. Smith III replied to dead_left_knife_guy's discussion Is Knives Illustrated Magazine Dead?
Saturday

Featured
dead_left_knife_guy replied to dead_left_knife_guy's discussion Is Knives Illustrated Magazine Dead?
Apr 20

Visit Lee' s Cutlery

KNIFE AUCTIONS

KNIFE MAGAZINE!!!

tsaknives.com

JSR Sports!

Click to visit

© 2024   Created by Jan Carter.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service