Welcome Home...THANK YOU FOR BEING A PART OF OUR COMMUNITY

Fans, collectors, and/or anyone interested in Ernest Emerson's Legendary Hard Use Knives..."To Some They Are Accessories... To Others They Are Necessities."

WIKIPEDIA'S ARTICLE ON ERNEST EMERSON.

Edit

Ernest R. Emerson (born March 7, 1955) is an American custom knifemaker, martial artist, and edged-weapons expert. Originally an engineer and machinist in the aerospace industry, Emerson became a knifemaker known for making decorative knives but later became better known for his combat knives, eventually founding a production company to mass-produce his designs, and popularizing a style of knife known as the Tactical-folder. 

Emerson's knives have been displayed as museum pieces, designed for use by Navy SEALs, and used by NASA in outer space. They have also been featured in films and novels, furthering their popularity with collectors. 

Emerson is an accomplished martial artist who has developed a combatives system, Emerson Combat Systems, which has been taught to police officers, elite military units, and civilians...http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ernest_Emerson 

Tags: EMERSON, Forum, KNIVES, iKC

Views: 7352

Replies to This Discussion

Reply by Ruben L. Cole on November 24, 2009 

my current emerson edc is an emerson commander bts. I love the erigonomics of this blade as well as the quick deployment. I find the knife to be extreemly well built and well balanced. I dont care for autos or assisted opening knives when such well built knives are available and offer greater reliability. Someone should have told me that emersons are so addictive! Now which one should be next? cqc8 or cqc7. Love this site--much thanks to all.

Reply by J.T. [HELLZZARMY] on November 24, 2009 

10-4...Love the Commander...I got (2) of the original thicker scaled ones and (1) of the newer ones. I plan to get te Super Commander too.

Reply by Chris Stookey on December 13, 2009

Since it is winter where I live, I've gone to a little larger EDC with my CQC-8. This knife is an exceptional design. The reverse-tanto tip works perfectly for defensive purposes while the belly of the blade performs flawlessly for EDC tasks. Interestingly, the handle offers surprisingly good ergos, though it isn't particularly big. The length of the blade (nearly 4") gives it some serious capability without being overly large or heavy.

Reply by J.T. [HELLZZARMY] on December 13, 2009

Yeah I love my CQC-8 but, also planning on etting a Super CQC-8...nice finish on yours chris I usually get my Emersons with the Black-T finish-JT

Reply by AlecsKnives on January 31, 2010 

At the last NY custom knife show I upgraded from my trusty cold steel recon tanto to an Emerson. I was lucky enough to spend a good hour talking with him and he is a great person. I love the knife I bought, and in the past few days it has dissapeared. I am so bummed, I looked on his website and on all the other knife places that sell his knives and I cant find the one I had. The next knife show is in a few weeks, I hope I will be able to replace it then. It is my favorite EDC that I have ever owned.
Alec

Reply by J.T. [HELLZZARMY] on January 31, 2010

What model was it???

Reply by AlecsKnives on January 31, 2010

THats the problem!!! I dont remember the model number and i cant find it ANYWHERE. It was a tanto blade ground on one side only. THe "wave" was hidden when the knife was open. THe blade was not a straight tanto and had a slight belly on it. It was the new finish, not black and not polished.
Oh, I watched your video.... I am guessing you study a chinese style.....
Alec

Reply by J.T. [HELLZZARMY] on February 1, 2010

I was thinking the Super Raven B because it has the hidden wave but, you mention a belly now I don't know.

Have you checked out Emerson Knives website to determine which it was?
http://www.emersonknives.com/ekTheKnives_Tact.php

Reply by AlecsKnives on February 1, 2010 

I went back and went through every pic on the emerson site for the 3rd time. I cant find it.
I will see him in a few weeks and ask him.
Alec

Overall Length: 8.850 in. 
Blade Length: 3.90 in. 
Blade Thickness: .125 in. 
Hardness: 57-59 RC 
Lock: .125 Titanium Frame Lock 
Weight: 4.6 

Handles: Titanium and Black G-10 epoxy / glass laminate 
Blade: 154 CM Premium Blade Steel 
Finish: Black or Silver 
Grind: Conventional V Ground 

MSRP: $453.95 

This is an Abrams Tank with sharp edges. The knife features a double V grind and the signature AK-47 clip. The handle has the look and feel of the original bayonet and is built for the most extreme use. 

We offer two versions. Both versions have a rock solid .125 inch thick integral lock. One has a top handle of .125 inch checkered G-10 and the other has a top handle of .125 inch titanium - making it one of the strongest folding knives ever produced. 

This knife was bred for combat and excels in any environment or theatre of operations on this planet. You will not find a tougher, stronger cutting tool than this one - The Comrade Military Folder.

Ernest Emerson (Wikipedia):
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ernest_E...

Ernest R. Emerson (born March 7, 1955) is an American custom knifemaker, martial artist, and edged-weapons expert. Originally an engineer and machinist in the aerospace industry, Emerson became a knifemaker known for making decorative knives but later became better known for his combat knives, eventually founding a production company to mass-produce his designs, and popularizing a style of knife known as the Tactical-folder.

Emerson's knives have been displayed as museum pieces, designed for use by Navy SEALs, and used by NASA in outer space. They have also been featured in films and novels, furthering their popularity with collectors.

[ignore this]
THE USE OF ANY COPYRIGHTED MATERIAL IS USED UNDER THE GUIDELINES OF "FAIR USE" IN TITLE 17 § 107 OF THE UNITED STATES CODE. SUCH MATERIAL REMAINS THE COPYRIGHT OF THE ORIGINAL HOLDER AND IS USED HERE FOR THE PURPOSES OF EDUCATION, COMPARISON, AND CRITICISM ONLY. NO INFRINGEMENT OF COPYRIGHT IS INTENDED.

Custom Electric Guitars??? Did you know Ernest Emerson made guitars...

Posted by J.T. [HELLZZARMY] on November 10, 2009

http://ernestemersoncustomguitars.com/

"In 2007 Emerson branched out in a new direction, announcing he would manufacture twelve custom electric guitars per year. His first guitar debuted at Blade Magazine's Blade Show in Atlanta in June 2007."-http://ernestemerson.blogspot.com/2007/09/emerson-knives-inc.html

EMERSON Fixed Blade Knives...

Reply by J.T. [HELLZZARMY] on May 13, 2009

This knife is available to Emerson Knives Collectors Associatio...pre-production. Pre-production Run price of $525.oo could have been more. This knife is one BAD MAMMA JAMMA...lol!

Reply by Tom Cai on May 14, 2009

I'd like it more if it were a tanto. Also, no top guard. Thought, I guess this is a fighting knife.

Reply by J.T. [HELLZZARMY] on May 25, 2009

Remember the Emerson/Timberline Specwar.

Reply by J.T. [HELLZZARMY] on June 6, 2009

Emerson KAR-FB-SF Karambit Fixed Blade, Black G10 Handle, Satin, Plain Features:
• Blade Detail: Plain
• Blade Length (inches): 2.6
• Blade Material: 154CM, Satin
• Carry System: Kydex Sheath
• Handle Material: G10
• Lock Style: N/A
• Overall Length (inches): 6.3
• Packaging: N/A
• Special Features: N/A
• Storage: N/A
• Made In: United State

Reply by J.T. [HELLZZARMY] on August 21, 2009

Emerson's first collaboration with a knife manufacturer was with Timberline Knives in 1993 for his SPECWAR model. This model featured a one-side chisel-ground tanto blade almost 1/4 inch (6.35 mm) thick. Its handle was made from fiberglass-reinforced nylon molded around a near-full tang. Vaughn Neeley of Timberline designed the sheath.

The knife was originally a custom piece designed for Naval Special Warfare Group One, and this factory version was soon entered in the trials for the Navy SEALs knife in 1995. l Although it was not chosen by the Navy, the Emerson-Neely SPECWAR knife won Blade Magazine's 1995 American Made Knife of the Year Award at the magazine's Blade Show in Atlanta, Georgia, that same year and was displayed as an exhibit at the Metropolitan Museum of Modern Art in New York City from May 24 to August 15,1995.

Reply by J.T. [HELLZZARMY] on September 13, 2009

Now available to you all. We have a limited run of Skull Daggers available now. These impressive double edged beauties come with the infamous Emerson Skull and are razor sharp. This is the most popular neck knife that I've ever done, by far and now they are available for you to have and carry.

Price is $229.00

EMERSON CATALOG 2009 - Have a look...

Posted by J.T. [HELLZZARMY] on May 15, 2009

2009 Emerson Catalog

“There is a great moral satisfaction when, in a decisive moment in time, one is able to mete out clear justice without hesitation or debate.”
-Ernest Emerson

Emerson Knives Inc. downloadable catalog...(click on the file attachment).

Reply by J.T. [HELLZZARMY] on May 16, 2009

I think I'm going to purchase a CQC-T next from Emerson Knives...

Reply by J.T. [HELLZZARMY] on May 25, 2009

I like this CQC-15 too...it's like a Commander/CQC-7 hybrid...

RSS

White River Knives

Latest Activity

George R Naugle commented on lou gerrick's group REMINGTON KNIFE CLUB
yesterday
George R Naugle replied to Scott King's discussion What's your favorite old knife? in the group Vintage American Knives
yesterday
Kevin D replied to dead_left_knife_guy's discussion Blade HQ has FREE SHIPPING through 4/27 or 4/28
yesterday

Featured
dead_left_knife_guy posted a discussion
Friday
Michael Lee Bibbey posted a status
"Still collecting and working on knifes"
Friday
J.J. Smith III commented on Mike Bryant's photo
Thursday
Mike Bryant posted photos
Wednesday
George R Naugle commented on lou gerrick's group REMINGTON KNIFE CLUB
Wednesday
George R Naugle replied to Scott King's discussion What's your favorite old knife? in the group Vintage American Knives
Tuesday

KnifeMaker
Andy Larrison commented on Alexander Åhl's photo
Apr 22

KnifeMaker
Alexander Åhl commented on Alexander Åhl's photo
Apr 22

KnifeMaker
Andy Larrison commented on Alexander Åhl's photo
Apr 22

KnifeMaker
Andy Larrison replied to James McClendon's discussion Ball Bearing becomes a Bowie.
Apr 22

KnifeMaker
Andy Larrison commented on Tim's photo
Apr 22

KnifeMaker
James McClendon posted a discussion
Apr 21
Kevin D replied to dead_left_knife_guy's discussion Is Knives Illustrated Magazine Dead?
Apr 20

Visit Lee' s Cutlery

KNIFE AUCTIONS

KNIFE MAGAZINE!!!

tsaknives.com

JSR Sports!

Click to visit

© 2024   Created by Jan Carter.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service