Welcome Home...THANK YOU FOR BEING A PART OF OUR COMMUNITY

Fans, collectors, and/or anyone interested in Ernest Emerson's Legendary Hard Use Knives..."To Some They Are Accessories... To Others They Are Necessities."

WIKIPEDIA'S ARTICLE ON ERNEST EMERSON.

Edit

Ernest R. Emerson (born March 7, 1955) is an American custom knifemaker, martial artist, and edged-weapons expert. Originally an engineer and machinist in the aerospace industry, Emerson became a knifemaker known for making decorative knives but later became better known for his combat knives, eventually founding a production company to mass-produce his designs, and popularizing a style of knife known as the Tactical-folder. 

Emerson's knives have been displayed as museum pieces, designed for use by Navy SEALs, and used by NASA in outer space. They have also been featured in films and novels, furthering their popularity with collectors. 

Emerson is an accomplished martial artist who has developed a combatives system, Emerson Combat Systems, which has been taught to police officers, elite military units, and civilians...http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ernest_Emerson 

Tags: EMERSON, Forum, KNIVES, iKC

Views: 7352

Replies to This Discussion

Reply by J.T. [HELLZZARMY] on August 30, 2009

Materials:
Handles Black G-10 epoxy / glass laminate
Lock Aerospace grade Titanium
Blade 154 CM
Finish Black or Satin
Grind Conventional V Grind

Specifications:
Overall Length 9.2 in.
Blade Length 3.8 in.
Blade Thickness .125 in.
Hardness 57-59 RC

the new Super Raven B is not shown in the catalogue...I have one of the originals but, this new one has caught ny eye.

Reply by J.T. [HELLZZARMY] on September 6, 2009

Another knife I didn't see in the catalogue...EDC Knives Exclusive...

Emerson Knives EDC Tanto - Partial-serrated
Folder

Exclusive run of 100 pieces -85 plain edged, 15 partial-serrated

Materials:
Handles 1/8" Forrest Green course G-10 epoxy / glass laminate
Blade 154 CM Premium Blade Steel
Blade Finish Bead blasted
Grind Type Chisel Grind
Bead Blasted Clip

Specifications:
Overall Length 8-3/4".
Blade Length 4.0 in.
Blade Thickness .125".
Hardness 57-59 RC
Weight 5.8 oz

Comment by Dion Pincus on February 4, 2014

Hello, all!  I own a Gentleman Jim, half-serrated, which is and has been my EDC for a number of years.  That particular model has a number of detractors among the Emersonians, but it has been a great knife for me.  Right size, wave, deep carry, damn good-looking, and just intimidating enough to be both a tool and a dis-incentive to those who might like to take a poke at me on the subway or street at night.

Comment by Patrik Ilijev on July 24, 2012

Hey Emerson Friends!! Welcome Peter. If you can post some picture of your emerson we like to see it I can imagine it has many battle scars.

Here is my new emerson A-100.

Comment by peter force on July 24, 2012

thanx for having me. i only own one emerson knife a sorta older model of the cqc-7 from 1999. love it and carry it most days...one of the best knives i ever used!  pawn shop score...with 95% blade left 30$!!!

Comment by Patrik Ilijev on May 20, 2012

Hey Emerson Friends!!

Finally my Customized CQC 7 arrived 

Comment by Patrik Ilijev on May 12, 2012

Yes it is hard for me the first was the u-100 and it is still on the way but for me the CQC-7 is one special knife because it is one of the first designs that made Emerson knives so popular. I bought my from a friend and as you can see it is the first generation version before the wave so if you see the new CQC-7 it will have the Wave feature. I would like to have one with the wave but this one is special for me and I can wait to hold it in my hands.

The U-100 is a nice knife I bought if for a resonable price if not for that I would not bought it maybe I will end up selling it  who knows.

Ii Icould recommend you a Emerson I always say CQC-15

It gives you a combination edge that could handle probably any task.

Comment by björn thompson on May 12, 2012

nice knife patrik, wondering which will be my first emerson....decisions decisions

Comment by Patrik Ilijev on May 12, 2012

Hey Emerson Friends!!

I'm proud to anound that I have bought me a Emerson CQC-7 Blasted Custom Digicam G10 RLTW insignia scales

To save you time it means Rangers Lead the Way

I'm proud to pick up this knife from my friend to help him out a little bit.

Comment by Manville D. Smith X on February 4, 2012

In the future I would like to pick up a raven cqc 8 and roadhouse.
Maybe a cqc7v

RSS

White River Knives

Latest Activity

George R Naugle commented on lou gerrick's group REMINGTON KNIFE CLUB
14 hours ago
George R Naugle replied to Scott King's discussion What's your favorite old knife? in the group Vintage American Knives
15 hours ago
Kevin D replied to dead_left_knife_guy's discussion Blade HQ has FREE SHIPPING through 4/27 or 4/28
yesterday

Featured
dead_left_knife_guy posted a discussion
yesterday
Michael Lee Bibbey posted a status
"Still collecting and working on knifes"
yesterday
J.J. Smith III commented on Mike Bryant's photo
Thursday
Mike Bryant posted photos
Wednesday
George R Naugle commented on lou gerrick's group REMINGTON KNIFE CLUB
Wednesday
George R Naugle replied to Scott King's discussion What's your favorite old knife? in the group Vintage American Knives
Tuesday

KnifeMaker
Andy Larrison commented on Alexander Åhl's photo
Monday

KnifeMaker
Alexander Åhl commented on Alexander Åhl's photo
Monday

KnifeMaker
Andy Larrison commented on Alexander Åhl's photo
Monday

KnifeMaker
Andy Larrison replied to James McClendon's discussion Ball Bearing becomes a Bowie.
Monday

KnifeMaker
Andy Larrison commented on Tim's photo
Monday

KnifeMaker
James McClendon posted a discussion
Apr 21
Kevin D replied to dead_left_knife_guy's discussion Is Knives Illustrated Magazine Dead?
Apr 20

Visit Lee' s Cutlery

KNIFE AUCTIONS

KNIFE MAGAZINE!!!

tsaknives.com

JSR Sports!

Click to visit

© 2024   Created by Jan Carter.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service