Welcome Home...THANK YOU FOR BEING A PART OF OUR COMMUNITY

We are all Case Fans for a reason, now is your opportunity to tell why? Do you have a favorite knife? If so, what is it and why?

Tags: case, fan, favorite, knife, r, w

Views: 5760

Replies to This Discussion

I have a Case mini trapper that is from the family series sold at Shepherd Hills. It has "granddaughter" etched on the handle of the knife. This is my favorite knife of my collection. We lost my granddaughter, Brooke, on April 25th this year. She was 4 years old. She had Alper's Syndrome.

Ralph

Sorry For your loss, the family knife will be a wonderful remembrance piece.

Sue

My condolences, Ralph.

Ralph

You and your family are in my prayers.  It must be very hard.  I know how I feel about my little 22 month old grandson.  I once accidently stepped on his foot.  I  think I almost cried more than he did!  Keep that knife and cherish the memories it brings back.  And I am sure that your granddaughter is happy in heaven now and enjoying perfect health.

Sorry to hear that Ralph. You have my condolences. 

JJ; Now you did it. I am feeling the feeling.!  I have to get a Seahorse.

J.J. Smith III said:

That was my first CASE Seahorse Whittler.

I had seen an ad for one in a Woodcraft catalog. I picked this one up at Lowes, to carve Peach Pits with. Well I always wind up with a spare, so I got another, with a different handle. Well... the rest is history. For the longest time I resisted the term "Collector". I was a "User" with a bunch of extras, as spares.
The first, stays in my whittlin bag. I carry another, on my belt, all the time.

CASE Seahorse Whittler EDC

Mine is the Sway Back Jack just a good fit in my hand and in the pocket. I collect the Jack Gent and also the Desk Knife. Also have a few other patterns I like as well.

Some great looking knives being shown on here I'm sure that I will like this group.

Man Uncle Jim those are some knock out Seahorses

Jim Prather said:

I'm a little partial to this one. I bought a Damascusand had Bob Picklesimer take the stak off it and send it to Michael Hoover ... http://redrummdknives.blademakers.com/ ... He added Dinosaur Gem quality fissilized bone and polished it to where it shines like a diamond in a goat's patootie! It is special!

Then there's this one. It's one that Shirley Boser presented me with just before she retired. It is TRULY special, and is a family heirloom. Read the certificate that came with it. That says it all.

Then we got this little number. I sent Bob Picklesimer another Damascus, and called Christy Culpepper and asked her to send Bob some of her finest presentation Black Lip Pearl. Bob married them together and this was the result. A truly beautiful piece that I have not taken a really presentable picture of. Pictures just can't do it justice. Bob has done several more Damascus Seahorsies in various colors of Mammoth tooth and Coral. He is a master!

I am a very fortunate guy to be in a position to be able to afford these, and to have friends who are special enough to make them, or have them made. A very fortunate old guy indeed.

I don't have many Case knives but this one is not only my favorite Case it is one of my favorite knives of any brand.

Case XX Select 6225 1/2 Small swell centered Jack in Rogers bone

It's easy to see why it's your favorite!

That's a beauty David!

It's a beauty indeed. I have a question regarding the scales, why they are called Rogers? It is not real Rogers bones, is it?

Mike

RSS

White River Knives

Latest Activity

George R Naugle commented on lou gerrick's group REMINGTON KNIFE CLUB
yesterday
George R Naugle replied to Scott King's discussion What's your favorite old knife? in the group Vintage American Knives
yesterday
Kevin D replied to dead_left_knife_guy's discussion Blade HQ has FREE SHIPPING through 4/27 or 4/28
yesterday

Featured
dead_left_knife_guy posted a discussion
Friday
Michael Lee Bibbey posted a status
"Still collecting and working on knifes"
Friday
J.J. Smith III commented on Mike Bryant's photo
Thursday
Mike Bryant posted photos
Wednesday
George R Naugle commented on lou gerrick's group REMINGTON KNIFE CLUB
Wednesday
George R Naugle replied to Scott King's discussion What's your favorite old knife? in the group Vintage American Knives
Tuesday

KnifeMaker
Andy Larrison commented on Alexander Åhl's photo
Apr 22

KnifeMaker
Alexander Åhl commented on Alexander Åhl's photo
Apr 22

KnifeMaker
Andy Larrison commented on Alexander Åhl's photo
Apr 22

KnifeMaker
Andy Larrison replied to James McClendon's discussion Ball Bearing becomes a Bowie.
Apr 22

KnifeMaker
Andy Larrison commented on Tim's photo
Apr 22

KnifeMaker
James McClendon posted a discussion
Apr 21
Kevin D replied to dead_left_knife_guy's discussion Is Knives Illustrated Magazine Dead?
Apr 20

Visit Lee' s Cutlery

KNIFE AUCTIONS

KNIFE MAGAZINE!!!

tsaknives.com

JSR Sports!

Click to visit

© 2024   Created by Jan Carter.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service