Welcome Home...THANK YOU FOR BEING A PART OF OUR COMMUNITY

I am closing the original discussion regarding the 2013 knife.  This knife is being offered to the members that paid for the original 2013 knife.  Be assured if I have any left after the mailing I will offer them out to the membership.

Jan Carter said:

Please see your emails for the announcement.  Queen Cutlery and Ken Daniels have generously offered to help with our 2013 knife.  They have said they beleive they can have this done in our time frame and have offered to meet our price on a Special Factory Order Knife.  I cannot say enough about this company and it's leadership. The knife will be a 3L mountain man, 1095 carbon steel, satin finish, Amber carved stag bone, a distinct vintage shield and the iknifecollector etch.

Now, can I say I am very excited about this knife.  The mountain man is a wonderful pattern and the materials and craftsmanship of a Queen are excellent.  I only have a photo of a standard knife (borrowed from knivesshipfree) so use your imagination on this.  Satin blades, Distinct vintage shield and iknifecollector etch

THANK YOU QUEEN CUTLERY

Tags: Cutlery, Queen, iKnifecollector, knife

Views: 3574

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Thnks for letting us know SK!  Glad you like it.  Jason yours went out the same day so should be there soon

I have notice nothing but great reviews about our new 2013 IKC knife. With all the adversity and problems, Miss Jan and Ken, along with the great staff at Queen, seem to have come up with a winner. YaHoo!  My old grand paw told me once, "good things come, to those that do good". Great job gang.

I received my knife, thank you Jan & Queen!  I may be booted off this board but I am going to use this knife.  I spend a fair amount of time outdoors camping, fly fishing, hunting, etc., and this knife is an ideal fixed bladed alternative.  It is a lovely knife, zero blade.  I love the scales.  Yup, the brass liners are very cool.  

- David

You'll be fine.  They didn't boot me off last year when I used the 2012 knife and busted the tip off the coping blade carving into a Cherry wood log.

David Dornblaser said:

I received my knife, thank you Jan & Queen!  I may be booted off this board but I am going to use this knife.  I spend a fair amount of time outdoors camping, fly fishing, hunting, etc., and this knife is an ideal fixed bladed alternative.  It is a lovely knife, zero blade.  I love the scales.  Yup, the brass liners are very cool.  

- David

LOL,

Brad is so right!  Donnie actually has a user in this one also.  I hated that Brad broke the tip on his last year but not only did he reconfigure it, he finished the carving and made it to face of the Calendar with it!  Knives are meant to be tools first.  LOL, I keep telling myself that!

Can we have a review of how it uses?

Absolutely you can have a review.  I will be doing a winter backpacking/sled trip in MI or MN this year and I was planning on taking this knife.  

David, If this diverse group of Knife affectionate people. 

Would 'chide' you, for, 'USING', a knife.

Regardless if it is a, 'collector' or not.

Then you would not be reading this,

as I would have never been allowed to join.   LOLOL

MN or MI ?  Winter ?

Never did a Dog Sled, or Snowmobile, winter camping trip.

Did some on Cross Country Skis, & Snow Shoes.

Long before GPS's,

Used Topo Maps and the 'ol Compass.

And, if you have never, 'winter' camped before,

When you crawl into your tent, before you crawl into your sleeping bag.

TAKE OFF YOUR CLOTHS !!!!!

Sleep ONLY, in your long underwear, socks, and a full neck 'T' shirt.

Ya craw into that bag, with your all your cloths on,

you will wake up frozen.

If you have a Guide, he/she will tell you that.

BELIEVE THEM.

If you don't have a Guide, Then Do It !

Have fun. Doing that will give you memories,

you will never forget !

Gun?  Well we all had 357's. (Never had to use one)

But 'Just' in case. In fact one time a fellow had a new fanged .44 Mag.  LOL

You may hear Wolves and Coyotes,

You may see tracks in your campsite in the morning.

But they Will Not attack you.

Oh, and Bring a Camera !

AND, Wear,  WOOL !!!!!!!!!!!

The new, crap sold by the big box stores,

Just does NOT work when very cold and wet.

WOOL    WORKS, for only the last 200 + Years !!!!!

Oh, I am experienced winter camper.  I don't carry a gun when camping in WI/MI/MN. I love to hear the wolves and coyotes at night.  I will be using snow shoes and a sledge.  I have all the right gear.

Post-Script:  I am thinking Pictured Rocks this year.  http://www.nps.gov/piro/index.htm

GREAT !    Then you, WILL, have a good time !!!!!!

Yes, I love winter camping.  It is so peaceful.  I also love fall hunting, fly fishing for steelhead in frozen rivers in the PNW and the Great Lakes.  

Reply to Discussion

RSS

White River Knives

Latest Activity

George R Naugle commented on lou gerrick's group REMINGTON KNIFE CLUB
19 hours ago
George R Naugle replied to Scott King's discussion What's your favorite old knife? in the group Vintage American Knives
21 hours ago
Kevin D replied to dead_left_knife_guy's discussion Blade HQ has FREE SHIPPING through 4/27 or 4/28
yesterday

Featured
dead_left_knife_guy posted a discussion
yesterday
Michael Lee Bibbey posted a status
"Still collecting and working on knifes"
yesterday
J.J. Smith III commented on Mike Bryant's photo
Thursday
Mike Bryant posted photos
Wednesday
George R Naugle commented on lou gerrick's group REMINGTON KNIFE CLUB
Wednesday
George R Naugle replied to Scott King's discussion What's your favorite old knife? in the group Vintage American Knives
Tuesday

KnifeMaker
Andy Larrison commented on Alexander Åhl's photo
Monday

KnifeMaker
Alexander Åhl commented on Alexander Åhl's photo
Monday

KnifeMaker
Andy Larrison commented on Alexander Åhl's photo
Monday

KnifeMaker
Andy Larrison replied to James McClendon's discussion Ball Bearing becomes a Bowie.
Monday

KnifeMaker
Andy Larrison commented on Tim's photo
Monday

KnifeMaker
James McClendon posted a discussion
Apr 21
Kevin D replied to dead_left_knife_guy's discussion Is Knives Illustrated Magazine Dead?
Apr 20

Visit Lee' s Cutlery

KNIFE AUCTIONS

KNIFE MAGAZINE!!!

tsaknives.com

JSR Sports!

Click to visit

© 2024   Created by Jan Carter.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service