Welcome Home...THANK YOU FOR BEING A PART OF OUR COMMUNITY

Are you addicted to flashlights? Or just want to know what we mean when we say lumins cells and bezels. then join this group now!

Tags: Flashlight, forum

Views: 4454

Replies to This Discussion

Show Me All Your Flashlights!

Posted by Richard Reed on March 15, 2011 

If you can share any pictures of your collections of flashlights or talk about  them   would be fun and interesting to read Thank You & God Bless

Reply by Richard Reed on March 16, 2011

My Fenix Light Collection

Not too Shabby

Reply by James Casto on March 22, 2011 

SpiderFire X-666 R2

UltraFire WF-501B R2 camouflage

Romisen RC-C8 II Q5 Flood-to-Throw

Fenix TK12 R2

Fenix PD20 R2

4Sevens Quark MiNi 123 R5

Reply by Richard Reed on March 22, 2011

very nice witch one is your favorite light and whats the max lumens on it etc.

Reply by James Casto on March 22, 2011

Well, my favorite lights are my Fenix lights, and I meant to compliment you on your nice Fenix collection. I had accidentally slammed my TK12 down on the concrete floor HARD, and it kept on functioning normally. This is a light that I would trust my life with. My Fenix PD20 is my ultimate EDC flashlight.

The SpiderFire and the UltraFire are actually in the class of budget lights, but both are amazing. Cree R2 emitters go well over 200 lumens. The SpiderFire has an extension tube, and is one of those lights which you can screw components on and off to configure it to run on either 1, 2, or 3 CR123A batteries. It's also has sharp points on the crown to use as a strike weapon.

The camo on the UltraFire is kind of a latex coating, where at the factory, they dip the flashlight into some mixed up paint to form the coating. Very cool light.

The Romisen Flood-to-Throw is one I got from shiningbeam.com and is astounding. With the aspherical lense, it can go from a flood that lights up the entire yard, to a narrow throw that goes a couple hundred yards. If you haven't got a zooming light with a Cree emitter, you don't know what you're missing!

As far as the beam goes, my Fenix TK12 is the most impressive that I own. Powered by 2 CR123A batteries, it goes for 240 lumens, and has served me well. I think I will eventually upgrade, though, to the new TK15.

The Fenix PD20 and the Quark MiNi 123 are single CR123A lights that produce an astounding amount of light for such tiny lights. The Fenix is a clicky and the Quark is a twisty. The Fenix actually has the most impressive beam, but the smaller Quark is still amazing. You can't go wrong with either one of these.

Reply by Richard Reed on March 24, 2011

The TK-12 is an awsome light  many diferent modes of light.I have a extension tube for my tk-12 so i can switch from cr123 too 18650 batt that last longer than cr123. I would like to get a TK-15 also eventually  i dont got anything bad to say about fenix lights so far they have  worked just fine and those TK models are built like a tank .

Reply by James Casto on March 25, 2011 

Actually, I may get the new TK21U when it comes out. It goes up to 468 lumens.

www.fenixoutfitters.com/fenix-tk21u-pre-ordership-mid-april-limited...

Fenix is also coming out with a TK70 that goes up to 2000 lumens!

Reply by Richard Reed on March 25, 2011 

NIICE!  I gotta get me one of those  468 lumens  damn... sounds like a very bright light. TK-70 sounds interesting. 

Reply by Sean O'Hare on April 4, 2011

Hey everyone.  new to this forum.

Here is my one and only coolflashlight.  I got it a couple fo weeks ago and am very happy with it.  It's a Jetbeam 3M.  Am going to try very hard not to buy anymore so.....

Reply by James Casto on April 5, 2011 

Nice, I've always heard good things about Jetbeam! The flashlight business seems to have become very competitive, with so many quality companies making high quality lights built to high standards. It can be hard for the basic consumer to choose. Fenix, Jetbeam, Olight, 4Sevens, Nitecore, ITP, Sunwayman, Surefire, and many more, and you can't go wrong with going with any of these. So, for me, it comes down to the basic operating functions of the light, the modes and changing the brightness levels, and what suits me the best.

Reply by Richard Reed on April 6, 2011

Very nice!  I only own fenix light so far  would like to buy from another company but i find fenix has a nice price range and deliver  a good ammount of lumens.  I see in  some companies that they have more expensive lights  witch look like the light is dimmer (yellowish) light   instead of the white led i got in some of my fenix's.

ZebraLight SC600 Mk II

Posted by Ron Cooper on April 13, 2013

Hey, fellow Flash-a-holics!

I've been carrying ZebraLight's SC600 Mk I for about a year and a half now and recently pre-ordered the newest version, the SC600 Mk II. The Mk I boasts an astonishing 750 lumens on high mode and the new Mk II jumps up to 900 lumens in an even smaller and lighter package. Considering the size of this light, it's like carrying the power of the Sun in the palm of your hand.

Here's a pic of the SC600 Mk I in my hand for those who are unfamiliar with its 4.25" size...

photo DSC00042.jpg

I'm curious to know if anyone else has ordered the new version of this great little EDC light, yet?

As I've mentioned, I have carried this light everyday for a year and a half and I am anxiously awaiting shipment on the new one. I ordered mine on Monday of this past week, April 8th, and have been informed by Lillian Xu at ZebraLight that it would be another 3 or 4 weeks before it ships. Since placing my order it's all I can think about. 

Are any of you currently waiting for this light? Or maybe you got in on the first batch that shipped last week? I would love to hear from others who are just as excited about this torch as I am. Jump in here, gang! Let me know that I'm not the only one who loves and obsesses about flashlights.

I want my new light...

And I want it NOW!!!

Here's a link for this new torch from ZebraLight: SC600 Mk II Check it out! I'd love to hear what you think.

SC600 Mk II 18650 XM-L 900Lm Flashlight

RSS

White River Knives

Visit Lee' s Cutlery

KNIFE AUCTIONS

KNIFE MAGAZINE!!!

tsaknives.com

JSR Sports!

Click to visit

© 2024   Created by Jan Carter.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service