Welcome Home...THANK YOU FOR BEING A PART OF OUR COMMUNITY

If you've spent any number of years around knives, whether it be just using one, or as an avid collector of the sharp, shiny things that grab a hold of so many, then you've probably seen a few Imperial brand knives and chances are good you even have a couple hiding out in a box somewhere.

They have filled the garage sales and flea markets for years, being sold and peddled for mere pennies at a time. These knives are, cheap. But, when was the last time you saw an American made product that actually worked sell for a reasonable price? Sure, you can bring home a Case sodbuster knife for around $20.00, but for that you could own a couple dozen Imperial knives. Of course the factory is closed now, so, anything you get is going to have a little age to it.

Super thin carbon blade, thats about standard for these knives. A thin metal like material is the handle scale and often times there is no shield. Not exactly the most beautiful of choices when buying a knife, but again, they are cheap and they work.

An Imperial knife wasn't made for a rich man, it was made for an every mad. 

So everyone, lets see your Imperial knife.

Tags: Imperial, Providence, R.I., USA

Views: 28169

Replies to This Discussion

Those are nice.

Steve"Hog"Hanner said:

You all have seen these but I just love these knives! One is marked as Hammer Brand which was an Imperial Brand.

Thanks, the Imperial of many colors is celluloid and the other rather clean, green stripe is just that, green color on a metal handle.

Billy Oneale said:

Those are nice.

Steve"Hog"Hanner said:

You all have seen these but I just love these knives! One is marked as Hammer Brand which was an Imperial Brand.

I love that green striped Jack!

Love those Imperials myself! Got some when I was a kid and loved those carbon blades!

AND REALLY LOVE THOSE IMPERIAL FISHING KNIVES!

that green striped gem is truly a treasure!

I love my cases, don't get me wrong.

But nothing tickles my fancy more then finding some old Imperials laying out on someone's flea market table and they tell me, "Those cheap things there are $2 to $5 dollars, depending on the rust."

These are one of my most favorite brands. When I see an Imperial, I gotta have it. If you think about there not really a cheap knife by name. I believe that Albert M Baer bought the two knife companies to make (Imperial & Ulster knife company) Imperial Knife Associated Companies. Then later he bought Schrade Cultry and it also became part of the Imperial Knife Associated Companies Division. Sorry for the short history but I really like my Imperials.

I will add, for a "cheap" knife, they all seem to have stood the test of time!
Funny thing, they seem to be known as a use it and toss it knife, but they have been used, abused, and seem to ALWAYS turn up...ready for more!

Well I bought another one yesterday... Carbon Steel blades and a brown celluloid scales and yes its a stockman. I can't wait to get it, bought it off eBay from a guy I know and he says the blades have good snap, possibly one a tiny wobble, not the main blade. So had to have it. I will post pictures when it gets here. But soon another Imperial comes to my house!

I only have one Imperial.  It was a CHRISTmas present from my 38 year old son when he was a child.  Obviously it is not for sale!

That's a unique knife. One to be treasured.

Well, I ran across this Imperial today at a store that had a lot of what I call junk. I had been going by it everyday for a year and finally stopped to see what they had. He only had about 7 knives. Some of them were USA made Schrades, but not worth buying. I did come across this for $10.00 and cleaned it up.

RSS

White River Knives

Latest Activity

George R Naugle commented on lou gerrick's group REMINGTON KNIFE CLUB
1 minute ago
George R Naugle replied to Scott King's discussion What's your favorite old knife? in the group Vintage American Knives
1 hour ago
Kevin D replied to dead_left_knife_guy's discussion Blade HQ has FREE SHIPPING through 4/27 or 4/28
16 hours ago

Featured
dead_left_knife_guy posted a discussion
22 hours ago
Michael Lee Bibbey posted a status
"Still collecting and working on knifes"
yesterday
J.J. Smith III commented on Mike Bryant's photo
yesterday
Mike Bryant posted photos
Wednesday
George R Naugle commented on lou gerrick's group REMINGTON KNIFE CLUB
Wednesday
George R Naugle replied to Scott King's discussion What's your favorite old knife? in the group Vintage American Knives
Tuesday

KnifeMaker
Andy Larrison commented on Alexander Åhl's photo
Monday

KnifeMaker
Alexander Åhl commented on Alexander Åhl's photo
Monday

KnifeMaker
Andy Larrison commented on Alexander Åhl's photo
Monday

KnifeMaker
Andy Larrison replied to James McClendon's discussion Ball Bearing becomes a Bowie.
Monday

KnifeMaker
Andy Larrison commented on Tim's photo
Monday

KnifeMaker
James McClendon posted a discussion
Monday
Kevin D replied to dead_left_knife_guy's discussion Is Knives Illustrated Magazine Dead?
Apr 20

Visit Lee' s Cutlery

KNIFE AUCTIONS

KNIFE MAGAZINE!!!

tsaknives.com

JSR Sports!

Click to visit

© 2024   Created by Jan Carter.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service