Welcome Home...THANK YOU FOR BEING A PART OF OUR COMMUNITY

OK, Who made it. Bought new, 35+ years ago. Used for stripping insulation from heavy underground wire. Bought from a elect tool supply house. Blade marked:  “ R “  “ KLEIN TOOLS “  “ CHICAGO, USA “.  Looks to be brown, plastic handles, Brass Liner/Lock, solid ½ snap, All metal some sort of carbon steel, (platina.pits). Fond it, Waaaay back in the, ‘box’. Had some red wust on it.  Put it in a coffee can, and kerosene, let it soak. lightly rubbed it down with some steel wool, Blasted it off with the air compressor. (did that couple of times). and now, Blade moves freely, locks up solid.  Ready to sit for another 35 year. (Unless I need to cut the insulation off heavy Alum Wire again).   But of course, if someone is really into ‘hook bills’, and doesn't have one with this name on it in their collection. Well, PM me with offers or trades.

Views: 617

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

"R" refers to the year of maunfacture which in this case is 1979. The following site will give you a better idea of their dating proccess although it can be confusing. https://www.allaboutpocketknives.com/knife_forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&...  I hope this helps with your question. I've used hawkbills for cutting wire insulation, ceiling tiles, cardboard boxes. linoleum, carpet, and anything else where you want to make a big honking cut without regard to accuracy or a pretty looking edge.

Thanks Chuck !

That info really helped.

Not only do I know the year, and how to find a year,

if I find another one,  I will know which are KLEIN made, or other mfg made.

I'm happy I was able to help you. I've gotten so much help my self from folks at iKC, I'm just tickled pink to be able to reciprocate.!

Tom Radde said:

Thanks Chuck !

That info really helped.

Not only do I know the year, and how to find a year,

if I find another one,  I will know which are KLEIN made, or other mfg made.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

White River Knives

Visit Lee' s Cutlery

KNIFE AUCTIONS

KNIFE MAGAZINE!!!

tsaknives.com

Click to visit

© 2024   Created by Jan Carter.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service