Welcome Home

I purchased this knife on auction awhile back, It has a makers mark on the blade & sheath, The person I got it from said it was given to him from his step father in law 15 years ago in the Czech Republic, Prague, It is like new unused condition, Tight tolerances, Well built knife,It has a button lock to keep it closed, and a back lock to keep it open, Very tight and very smooth! To nice to be Pakistan, or Asian, I'm thinking maybe England, or Russian or Czech Republic since the use of a makers mark instead of a name!, Any help with a name or even a direction to look in would be greatly appreciated!,

Tony

Views: 72

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

One extra photo to show the stag and how tight the blade tolerance is

Any Help would be appreciated!

Tony

Attachments:

I don't have the foggiest idea, but it shure is a good looking piece.

I spent 2 hours hunting for this knife today. I couldn't find a single one with that configuration. So, it is *not* a common knife, which I would think is going to rule out 90% of the Pakistan stuff. If the tolerances are as tight as you say, I would be thinking this is a custom job. If he got it in Prague, it may be a maker local to the area.

I am thinking the same thing.  Although this is similar to the Hubertus style, most of them were lever locks not push buttons.  I will see if I can find anything on Prague makers.  My thought is this is certainly European made

Thanks Jan!

Jan Carter said:

I am thinking the same thing.  Although this is similar to the Hubertus style, most of them were lever locks not push buttons.  I will see if I can find anything on Prague makers.  My thought is this is certainly European made

Thanks Steve!

Tony

Steve Scheuerman (Manx) said:

I spent 2 hours hunting for this knife today. I couldn't find a single one with that configuration. So, it is *not* a common knife, which I would think is going to rule out 90% of the Pakistan stuff. If the tolerances are as tight as you say, I would be thinking this is a custom job. If he got it in Prague, it may be a maker local to the area.

Thanks JJ!

J.J. Smith III said:

I don't have the foggiest idea, but it shure is a good looking piece.

I would agree, looks European.  Unsure myself.  I do not believe its German, but I'll look in between to see if I stumble on anything.  Could be Czech in origin....

The only folding bowies I've seen were German made but probably could be from other European countries, particularly if it's a custom.  The mark doesn't mean anything to me.  Might be a good submission to Bernard Levine's Knife Magazine Whut iz it column.  I sent him one once that he put in the next issue.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

White River Knives

Latest Activity

J.J. Smith III replied to Craig Henry's discussion Case Seahorse in the group Case Fans
13 hours ago
Edward Ard posted photos
13 hours ago
Dennis Hibar replied to Craig Henry's discussion Case Seahorse in the group Case Fans
13 hours ago
J.J. Smith III replied to Craig Henry's discussion Case Seahorse in the group Case Fans
13 hours ago
Steve Scheuerman (Manx) left a comment for Bob
14 hours ago
Billy Oneale left a comment for Bob
16 hours ago
J.J. Smith III left a comment for Bob
17 hours ago
Bob is now a member of iKnife Collector
17 hours ago

Featured
Craig Henry replied to Craig Henry's discussion Case Seahorse in the group Case Fans
23 hours ago
Jan Carter posted a status
"Good Night and God Bless"
yesterday
J.J. Smith III commented on Dennis Hibar's photo
yesterday
Dennis Hibar replied to Craig Henry's discussion Case Seahorse in the group Case Fans
yesterday

Featured
Craig Henry replied to Craig Henry's discussion Case Seahorse in the group Case Fans
yesterday
Dennis Hibar replied to Craig Henry's discussion Case Seahorse in the group Case Fans
yesterday
Dennis Hibar posted a photo
yesterday
Kaylin Robinton updated their profile
Thursday

Reed Cutlery Company

Visit Lee' s Cutlery

gear2survive !

KNIFE AUCTIONS

Boy's Knife is HERE

KNIFE MAGAZINE!!!

JSR Sports!

Click to visit

© 2019   Created by Jan Carter.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service