Welcome Home...THANK YOU FOR BEING A PART OF OUR COMMUNITY

Custom Sheaths? This is your group! Discuss techniques, supplies, tools and more! Tips and tricks, etc.

Tags: Kydex, forum, sheath

Views: 785

Replies to This Discussion

Reply by Jake on August 23, 2009 

Do you all know if I can pick up the riveter at a hardware store. I'm trying to avoid shipping fees

Reply by clint walker on December 27, 2009 

Got these small brass gromets at ace hardware

Reply by clint walker on December 27, 2009

I paid arount 7-9 $ for the kit

Reply by Steve Hanner on October 9, 2013 

I am pretty sure now you can buy a bunch of fasteners now. Just drill the hole and place the fasteners

How to make Kydex Sheaths video by Peter Atwood

Comment by Ivars on October 10, 2013

You know guys for me ofcourse leather is the thing i do all the time for many different knives, but sometimes i need a mix of kydex and leather, becaus leather only cant guarantee 100% safety. So i need to make input cap into the sheah to carry knife safely on neck., because leather can be evn 15OZ and sharp tip kiridashi will go throe like needle throe paper! So i need to do kydex! By the way!Mabe someone have small kydex press? Maybe someone have run out of small sizes and have got large press, but small one collects the dust? Maybe someone can sell or make a small kydex press fr me? Sizes could be 12 x 6" or 7 x 5".

About the kydex: i know that many guys are buying sheets of kydex at knife making suply stores lik knifekits. they have different variaty of kydex. So there is possible to  chose. I was buying kydex on ebay, but the shipping was extra huge and i messed it up in my own made press.First exprience - negative!

Thats that!

Comment by Steve Hanner on October 10, 2013

I talked to my friends at Jantz Supply today and they said they are still carrying Kydex but only in black and in two thicknesses. They no longer off any color choice. A check of YouTube and most of the "Kydex Videos" are from several years ago.

Comment by Steve Hanner on October 9, 2013 

All Kydex I have looked at shows many colors but bigger quantities than I want/need. In fact I need a small sheet like a page size 8x10 or something. even then will use only a small piece. Plus I don't want black, want yellow. Orange might do the trick but yellow is a first option.

Comment by Clay Strong on October 1, 2013

IvarsDay, I hope interest will be revived. Kydex is still new in the eyes of many. Some even think it's a travesty to use it. But, thousands of kydex users can't all be wrong. Any list of faults that leather has, is the same as the reasons that kydex is good. No stitches to come unraveled, no deterioration from moisture, low or no maintenance, great fit, no snap needed, multiple carry position, safety from cutting oneself in a fall, modifiable, and drainage of water from inside the sheath are some reasons to like it. Of course, comparing the beauty of leather to kydex will always result in leather being the winner. Unless you enjoy the colors available in kydex and other composites. Leather is traditionally not used for military or the toughest of conditions. I own knives that I have both leather and kydex sheaths for. My choice depends on what I'm going to do at the time. I would like to see more embossing and adding of decoration (for lack of a better word) to kydex sheaths. I don't think I will go the "bling" route, but it wouldn't hurt for a person to dress up a sheath in a way that reflects their taste. I'm saying that they don't have to be dull and without character. Be artistic.

Comment by Ivars on August 28, 2013

Hi guy's I wanting to ask you is it possible to make very small sheath for Izula, Becker Eskabar and Becker Necker, maybe possible to make a sheath without cutoff's, but like a leather wet molded around blade and sides finished on the back of blade? Like on finnish knives traditional leather sheath but out of kydex? And how much can it cost? I'm a leather guy so I don't know what is possible to make on kydex, I know what is possible to make with leather. If somebody can help, please contact with me!

Best regards,

Ivars

Comment by Jeff Lilja on July 16, 2009

Eric's sheaths are very nicely done.I had him make one for my Rtak-2 .You'll be happy with whatever he does.He's in Ontario

Comment by Frazer on July 16, 2009 

Oh Jeff, I didn't notice in your first comment you mentioned On Scene tactical..lol

RSS

White River Knives

Latest Activity

George R Naugle commented on lou gerrick's group REMINGTON KNIFE CLUB
23 hours ago
George R Naugle replied to Scott King's discussion What's your favorite old knife? in the group Vintage American Knives
yesterday
Kevin D replied to dead_left_knife_guy's discussion Blade HQ has FREE SHIPPING through 4/27 or 4/28
yesterday

Featured
dead_left_knife_guy posted a discussion
yesterday
Michael Lee Bibbey posted a status
"Still collecting and working on knifes"
Friday
J.J. Smith III commented on Mike Bryant's photo
Thursday
Mike Bryant posted photos
Wednesday
George R Naugle commented on lou gerrick's group REMINGTON KNIFE CLUB
Wednesday
George R Naugle replied to Scott King's discussion What's your favorite old knife? in the group Vintage American Knives
Tuesday

KnifeMaker
Andy Larrison commented on Alexander Åhl's photo
Apr 22

KnifeMaker
Alexander Åhl commented on Alexander Åhl's photo
Apr 22

KnifeMaker
Andy Larrison commented on Alexander Åhl's photo
Apr 22

KnifeMaker
Andy Larrison replied to James McClendon's discussion Ball Bearing becomes a Bowie.
Apr 22

KnifeMaker
Andy Larrison commented on Tim's photo
Apr 22

KnifeMaker
James McClendon posted a discussion
Apr 21
Kevin D replied to dead_left_knife_guy's discussion Is Knives Illustrated Magazine Dead?
Apr 20

Visit Lee' s Cutlery

KNIFE AUCTIONS

KNIFE MAGAZINE!!!

tsaknives.com

JSR Sports!

Click to visit

© 2024   Created by Jan Carter.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service