Welcome Home...THANK YOU FOR BEING A PART OF OUR COMMUNITY

Over the years of collecting and hanging around with collectors and sellers, I have heard some doozy explanations to the "other half" as to why we bought that new knife.  I am ready for a few laughs, how about you?

So here is the deal for this month

The prize includes something for everyone.  

Tell me your BEST WHOPPER!  Honey I bought this new knife because.......

Tags: Feb, an, contest, opiniel, win

Views: 718

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I'm gonna try that next time, Mike.
Carpenters use carpenters whittlers, right?

Jan,

I deferred to my "other half" and asked her what my best whopper was that she could remember.  Honest to God I'm not making this up.  She said it was "But I had to buy it so that no one else could buy it because my friend needs it to complete his collection."  I told her, "well that was true!!!", but she's still laughing at me as I type this.  She said, "only a collector would understand that logic."

@j.j.: I dunno, I'm not Jesus or a carpenter, but if it works, say that. hehehe.

Sounds completely logical to me!

Data (C Thomas) said:

Jan,

I deferred to my "other half" and asked her what my best whopper was that she could remember.  Honest to God I'm not making this up.  She said it was "But I had to buy it so that no one else could buy it because my friend needs it to complete his collection."  I told her, "well that was true!!!", but she's still laughing at me as I type this.  She said, "only a collector would understand that logic."

LOL Data, tell her the best one I ever heard from from Donnie was....thats the last one I need!!  I swear he said it!  I have just assumed from that point forward they were all just ones he wanted LOL
Data (C Thomas) said:

Jan,

Yesterday being groundhog day, I told my wife that the groundhog came out of his hole and saw my knife collection.  He said I didn't have enough knives.  He said if I didn't buy another knife we would have six more weeks of winter.  I just can't have that hanging over my head!

LOL, Charles.  Thank you for being willing to get us an early spring!

I have to have a discussion with myself about buying a knife since I am the one who pays the bills and handles the money lol  So I tell myself - Self, if he (hubby) can buy the tools he needs (really wants) and buy oldest grandson the knives he really needs (really wants and has a nice collection of them going), then why can't you buy a really nice knife you like when you see it. You have passed up a few along the way so why not get that one today??

LOL, sis you maybe the only one having the validation discussion with yourself

A)  Yes Honey, it is a new knife, but you know that I pick up one with scissors each time you find a new or used purse.  It just wouldn't be right for you not to have a good knife with scissors handy when your working on your crochet.  :-)  True excuse!

B)  Well Honey,  I think I found a way to get you a diamond for Valentine's.  Member when I told you about smooth and rough black gum fuddy scales.  When handle materials were scarce in WW II, Case found that there were unique deposits of graphite located in outcrops on the Bay of Fundy, NS, that when heated turned into an incredibly hard material that could be worked.  Well the fellows down to the machine shop stamped a couple of broken pieces on the 100 ton press for me to see if they could be fused together.  And you know it made the handle whole and even harder. And  there where signs of translucent crystallization on the edges where additional frictional heat interacted with the pressure.  I'm thinking that if we can take a few, just a few, gum fuddy scales over to the Hadron Super Collider  in Cern, Switzerland, and zip them up on a platinum substrate we could finally come up with that Platinum diamond ring you've always wanted.  You know, I'm thinking though that I had better collect a few knives with gum fundy handles for materials.  You would look swell with Diamond stud Platinum ear rings. A not so true excuse LOL.  Best regards,  Bill

Bill,

It just wouldn't be right!!!

ROFL, let me know how the diamond angle works  

Honey,dearest- I bought ~~~

1- a Florist's knife-- to surprise you with a beautiful bouquet

2-a Fruit knife-- So I might serve you strawberries and chocolate

3-a Canoe--So I can romance you on a moonlit cruise

4-a Trapper--So I can give you the beautiful fur coat you always wanted

5-a Doctor's knife- So you can have a piece of my heart

6- A Lobster knife---To present you with a fabulous candlelit dinner

7-an Electrician's knife-- So I can fix the damn remote before the game starts !!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

White River Knives

Latest Activity

George R Naugle commented on lou gerrick's group REMINGTON KNIFE CLUB
10 hours ago
George R Naugle replied to Scott King's discussion What's your favorite old knife? in the group Vintage American Knives
11 hours ago
Kevin D replied to dead_left_knife_guy's discussion Blade HQ has FREE SHIPPING through 4/27 or 4/28
yesterday

Featured
dead_left_knife_guy posted a discussion
yesterday
Michael Lee Bibbey posted a status
"Still collecting and working on knifes"
yesterday
J.J. Smith III commented on Mike Bryant's photo
Thursday
Mike Bryant posted photos
Wednesday
George R Naugle commented on lou gerrick's group REMINGTON KNIFE CLUB
Wednesday
George R Naugle replied to Scott King's discussion What's your favorite old knife? in the group Vintage American Knives
Tuesday

KnifeMaker
Andy Larrison commented on Alexander Åhl's photo
Monday

KnifeMaker
Alexander Åhl commented on Alexander Åhl's photo
Monday

KnifeMaker
Andy Larrison commented on Alexander Åhl's photo
Monday

KnifeMaker
Andy Larrison replied to James McClendon's discussion Ball Bearing becomes a Bowie.
Monday

KnifeMaker
Andy Larrison commented on Tim's photo
Monday

KnifeMaker
James McClendon posted a discussion
Monday
Kevin D replied to dead_left_knife_guy's discussion Is Knives Illustrated Magazine Dead?
Apr 20

Visit Lee' s Cutlery

KNIFE AUCTIONS

KNIFE MAGAZINE!!!

tsaknives.com

JSR Sports!

Click to visit

© 2024   Created by Jan Carter.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service