Welcome Home...THANK YOU FOR BEING A PART OF OUR COMMUNITY

Hey everyone,

Show me your newest tactical knife purchase! Did you finally give in and buy that knife you just had to have?

What is your latest purchases? I am interested to see what you guys are into.

Thanks,

Keelen

Tags: knives, newest, pictures, purchase, tactical, tacticool

Views: 10740

Attachments:

Replies to This Discussion

Thats a nice knife Don, you own it? Or have to wait two months to get one? I want to see more of it! Handle design very much like the Harsey big rock, for obvious reasons and that raised swedge a'la Bob Lum is a nice look
http://www.boblumknives.com/images/sabretip.jpg

Don Reeves said:
newest combat knife (hate the term...tactical) is a http://spartanbladesusa.com/cart/images/Spartan%20Harsey%20MOD%201%...

its been 2 months, but I'm sure its worth the wait...
SWEET MOTHER OF....ok I digress. Man alive that is madness, but I guess wait lists for Harley Davidsons can be upwards of a year or more in some cases. The torture we go through to feed our "addictions"
Had to wait 36 years for the woman of my dreams, so all in all 7 years not so bad :)
Good things come to those who wait...
somebody stop me before I'm outta control!
Well please Don, be nice to us all and post some pics of it when you get it!!!!!!

Don Reeves said:
Hi Chris-don't own it just yet, waiting list for its release, only 500 are to be made, so I thought it might be a nice addition to the ones I have.waiting is a test in patience. I have ordered from Bob Dozier and the knives were a wait of 15 months. but I've heard that orders from Randel are running 7 YEARS... now thats CRAZY in my book.
I'm impressed with the new acquisition
Attachments:
The ZT knives are tuff.Always liked the Spartan designs.Glad everybodys happy with their newest knife.Havea knife day!

Chris Hillier said:
I'm impressed with the new acquisition
Hey Folks!!!! I am very excited, today I received my Benchmade Bedlam and it was worth every penny. I could have saved $35.00 if I had ordered it from KnifeWorks, however I had to be active police or military. I purchased it from Amazon who had no problem with federal regulations regarding automatic knives. if nayone has any reasonable priced web sites for knives give me a shout.
Stay Sharp
Thats a nice looking blade Jeremi, what is it?
Thanx Chris.This is my first knife I made b4 I put walnut slabs on it.Its the TI-Tanto made of titanium with a carbide fused edge.I carry it as an edc some days,using it for lotsa tasks.

Chris Hillier said:
Hmmmm....my newest ones...

1) Sebenza 21
2) Cold Steel Ti-Lite VI 6"
3) and the 4" but with zytel handles
4) Syderco Military Camo
5) Cold Steel Gurkha Kukri
6) Tops Alaskan Harpoon
7) Izula II

I guess thats about it over the last month
It certainly looks like a work horse for sure!!

Jeremi Lett said:
Thanx Chris.This is my first knife I made b4 I put walnut slabs on it.Its the TI-Tanto made of titanium with a carbide fused edge.I carry it as an edc some days,using it for lotsa tasks.

Chris Hillier said:
Ahhhh so your the guy bidding against me in all the auctions lolol!
Seriously though, nice list John, post some pics!!

John A. Stagg said:
Hmmmm....my newest ones...

1) Sebenza 21
2) Cold Steel Ti-Lite VI 6"
3) and the 4" but with zytel handles
4) Syderco Military Camo
5) Cold Steel Gurkha Kukri
6) Tops Alaskan Harpoon
7) Izula II

I guess thats about it over the last month
Not sure if this is technically tactical since the blade is small. I just picked up a Strider PT CC recently, and am awaiting its arrival.
Recently purchased a Tactical Tanto made by Cas Hanwei. This tanto is in the traditional Japanese style but with some unusual and practical elements. The blade length is 7 in. Width is 1 in. The slimness of the blade makes it impractical as a camping knife. It is pretty much exclusively a fighting knife.

The high carbon steel has been differentially hardened using the traditional claying process. This provides a hard durable edge combined with the rest of the blade being more flexible so that it better absorbs blows. There is a prominent "hamon", the distinctive and interesting pattern which reveals the differences in heat treatment of the steel. (Watch out for cheap blades with etched-faked- hamons falsely indicating they have received the classic heat treatment.)

The handle is heavily pebbled ray skin providing a secure and comfortable grip. There is no cotton or silk wrapping which I prefer in a using tanto. The handle length is 5 in. The small guard is oval.

The metal sheath is unique. Mounted on the sheath is a kind of small alligator clip. This permits the knife and sheath to be easily clipped just about anywhere: waistband, belt; I even attached it to the inside pocket of a sports coat. The knife was held securely and thoroughly concealed. I have never seen such an effective and quick concealment rig for a large knife. The entire design is very well thought out and well executed.

For me this knife is a colletor item and fine conversation piece. I highly recommend it as a using knife providing you lead a far more unusual and exciting life than I do.

RSS

White River Knives

Latest Activity

George R Naugle commented on lou gerrick's group REMINGTON KNIFE CLUB
21 hours ago
George R Naugle replied to Scott King's discussion What's your favorite old knife? in the group Vintage American Knives
23 hours ago
Kevin D replied to dead_left_knife_guy's discussion Blade HQ has FREE SHIPPING through 4/27 or 4/28
yesterday

Featured
dead_left_knife_guy posted a discussion
yesterday
Michael Lee Bibbey posted a status
"Still collecting and working on knifes"
yesterday
J.J. Smith III commented on Mike Bryant's photo
Thursday
Mike Bryant posted photos
Wednesday
George R Naugle commented on lou gerrick's group REMINGTON KNIFE CLUB
Wednesday
George R Naugle replied to Scott King's discussion What's your favorite old knife? in the group Vintage American Knives
Tuesday

KnifeMaker
Andy Larrison commented on Alexander Åhl's photo
Monday

KnifeMaker
Alexander Åhl commented on Alexander Åhl's photo
Apr 22

KnifeMaker
Andy Larrison commented on Alexander Åhl's photo
Apr 22

KnifeMaker
Andy Larrison replied to James McClendon's discussion Ball Bearing becomes a Bowie.
Apr 22

KnifeMaker
Andy Larrison commented on Tim's photo
Apr 22

KnifeMaker
James McClendon posted a discussion
Apr 21
Kevin D replied to dead_left_knife_guy's discussion Is Knives Illustrated Magazine Dead?
Apr 20

Visit Lee' s Cutlery

KNIFE AUCTIONS

KNIFE MAGAZINE!!!

tsaknives.com

JSR Sports!

Click to visit

© 2024   Created by Jan Carter.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service